Chapala.com Webboard

Internet on and off area wide??

Yes.  Source:  El Universal newspaper.   A major Telmex infinitum problem that started a little after 3 pm...in a big part of Mexico

In Chapala: back up again

On 7/27/2019 at 7:58 AM, Ferret said:

I don't believe that report for one half second.  We are expected to believe that Telmex put fiber optics in a farmer's field, when they can't even get it right in a city or town?  We are expected to believe that farmers are burning off their fields at this season of the year?  We are expected to believe that Telmex has any sort of capacity to bring the law down on the supposed perpetrators?  We are expected to believe that Mexico News Daily...well, you decide about them. 

But please remember the many dealings that you (and I) have had over the years with Telmex.  When have they EVER accepted responsibility for anything wrong with your telephone or Internet service?  

• Like 4

"We are expected to believe that Telmex put fiber optics in a farmer's field, when they can't even get it right in a city or town?" 

We've had a fiber connector on our ranch fence for twenty years now, and AFAIK it is still 'dark', and similar above-ground sections of it were almost certainly destroyed by grass fires in one or more of the conflagrations around Napa and Mendocino.  Until the dot com bust in 2000, northern California had speculative fiber installations in all sorts of remote locations, on the way to somewhere.  The idea of 'blaming' farmers for normal operations (unless contractually obliged otherwise) is classic.

On 7/27/2019 at 11:50 AM, ComputerGuy said:

I'm curious as to how they rerouted the Internet signal so quickly. That will be the most interesting part of this story.

We can make bets on the date--the way we do for the date of the first rain of every rainy season.  I pick November 2, 2132.

• Haha 1

well mystery explained in Chiapas . a phone pole in the neighborhood was run nto by a car and the wiring was holding the pole so it disconnected a bunch of lines off and on dependong on the wind..Beside that some areas have bad reception..

• Haha 1