Chapala.com Webboard

Stars vs black round dot

I was wondering if anyone might tell me why when i post a reply or new question i have a star and it goes grey instead of a black dot. Or is this on my phone only. And please if you are going to be rude or unkind to me because i asked this question then please do not reply. Only noce, tolerant, kind people need reply. I am horrified at your remarks to Mr Blair about the tianguis. I dont care if you like him or not. We all have a right to be here weather you like it or not. How would you like to be treated that way.

• Like 2
  • Sad 6

If you have contributed a reply to a thread, you get a black star. If you are up to date and have read all the posts in that thread, then the star is grey.

If you have not replied to a thread, then it remains a circle, but, again, if you have read all the posts in that thread, the circle will be gone.

In either case, a black star or a black circle indicates that more information has been added to a thread. You are up to date on everything if they are grey or gone.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bonbelle said:

I was wondering if anyone might tell me why when i post a reply or new question i have a star and it goes grey instead of a black dot. Or is this on my phone only. And please if you are going to be rude or unkind to me because i asked this question then please do not reply. Only noce, tolerant, kind people need reply. I am horrified at your remarks to Mr Blair about the tianguis. I don't care if you like him or not. We all have a right to be here weather you like it or not. How would you like to be treated that way.

Just so you know and don't think that we who responded to yet another of his TROLLING  attempts  either like or dislike him but give it to him for TROLLING. He has been here 15 years and lives about  1 mile from the two points in question. He shops almost daily across the street from Obregon  at a store called Soriana and gets gas at the Pemex station. The temporary move of the tianguis has been announced by all the forums,Facebook groups and English newspaper most of which he has access to and is a subscriber. For years he has been on many forums under different names but always has the same modus operandi. So as a new person here don't worry,your questions will be answered. By the way, I know him personally,helped him find and buy a motorcycle the deed for which he promised me a 6 pack of beer but never did I get.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ferret said:

And, Bonbelle, before you start on Pappy for calling Eric Blair "Clueless", you should know that "Clueless" is one of the many handles that Eric Blair has used on this forum.

And obviously, he´s not the only one that is "clueless".  Prejudging a situation that you know very little about is not always the best way to enter the room.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Bonbelle,

When you will be on this webboard for a while you will notice that people here are very helpful. There is a large collective wisdom , knowledge, and experience (and of course opinions :)).

There is also a limitation on posters ignorance and bad attitude.

I hope you will be well served here.

Best regards.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ferret said:

If you have contributed a reply to a thread, you get a black star. If you are up to date and have read all the posts in that thread, then the star is grey.

If you have not replied to a thread, then it remains a circle, but, again, if you have read all the posts in that thread, the circle will be gone.

In either case, a black star or a black circle indicates that more information has been added to a thread. You are up to date on everything if they are grey or gone.

I have never paid attention to these symbols , So thank you Ferret.....now I know.

• Like 2

Thankyou all for your replies. I seem to be the clueless one at the moment so i really appreciate the you helping me understand the 1st webboard i have ever used. As an aside...people who have genius IQ's as this man does always are quite different socially than the norm. Thanks again.

9 minutes ago, Bonbelle said:

As an aside...people who have genius IQ's as this man does always are quite different socially than the norm. Thanks again.

No, not all people with genius IQ's behave differently socially. Some people are different socially because they are a**wipes. 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, pappysmarket said:

I'm starting to wonder if our friend Clueless has found a new screen name....hmmm.....

I was just going to post the same thing and you beat me to it.

I absolutely agree and was noticing a similar smell which became overpowering with the "genius" referenence…….Oh my….Oh my…….:D:D

13 minutes ago, slainte39 said:

I was just going to post the same thing and you beat me to it.

I absolutely agree and was noticing a similar smell which became overpowering with the "genius" referenence…….Oh my….Oh my…….:D:D

I am trying to guess what Eric Blair has ever posted that would cause anyone to conclude he was a “genius.”

11 hours ago, slainte39 said:

And obviously, he´s not the only one that is "clueless".  Prejudging a situation that you know very little about is not always the best way to enter the room.

Slainte39 or whatever you are please leave me alone. Also i had no intention of getting on anyone for what they say anymore. Be who you are and that is fine with me. You like yourselves this way.. that is all i was trying to do to start  was to be me and voice what i thought. It was ill received and i am fine with that and most likely will not voice my opinion again. I just like to read what is out there.

• Like 1

Guest English Rose
14 minutes ago, Bonbelle said:

Slainte39 or whatever you are please leave me alone. Also i had no intention of getting on anyone for what they say anymore. Be who you are and that is fine with me. You like yourselves this way.. that is all i was trying to do to start  was to be me and voice what i thought. It was ill received and i am fine with that and most likely will not voice my opinion again. I just like to read what is out there.

Oh Bonbelle we recognize you are a newbie and we are just trying to toughen your skin so you can ward off the barbs and enjoy a good laugh. And every once in awhile, you might see a very helpful bit of information so stay with us.

2 minutes ago, English Rose said:

Oh Bonbelle we recognize you are a newbie and we are just trying to toughen your skin so you can ward off the barbs and enjoy a good laugh. And every once in awhile, you might see a very helpful bit of information so stay 

I have been  reading on here for over 2 years and  have found much useful information and have alot to give to many out there that may be in the situation I am in and will give it if it comes up. But if you do not agree with the main group here on their critique of someone than keep your mouth shut. I was warned by a person when i first began by pm to be careful and she was right. I do think it is fun and funny when i see these old guys barbing on one another. I have had good laughs but that is entirely different then bullying the same 1 or 2 people all the time. Rise above yourselves and turn off what he says on your controls. Because to someone looking in you looked like the fools and he simply looked like a man asking a question that was not going to get one. While the rest of us were simply tuned in to where did the tianguis move too?. I cannot believe I just got hooked into this again. Just allow others to have their opinions too. You don't have to agree with them. That is why no 2 of us are alike. How boring.

Just allow others to have their opinions too. You don't have to agree with them.

Follow your own advice. Allow others to have their opinions and don’t lecture them about the way you think they should behave. Ignore us the way you tell us to ignore others. Read posts, gather your helpful information, post when you have something to offer people of whom you approve. Put the ones who you do not like on Ignore and you will not even see their posts. It is very easy to control your experience here. 

12 minutes ago, Xena said:

Just allow others to have their opinions too. You don't have to agree with them.

Follow your own advice. Allow others to have their opinions and don’t lecture them about the way you think they should behave. Ignore us the way you tell us to ignore others. Read posts, gather your helpful information, post when you have something to offer people of whom you approve. Put the ones who you do not like on Ignore and you will not even see their posts. It is very easy to control your experience here. 

A big second to your post Xena.  I have to give credit for the big dose of self righteouness being handed out.  Keep it coming and I´ll keep swinging at the pitches.

But now the "bellle" is bored. How sad!

• Haha 1