Chapala.com Webboard

Ordered Imported Product from Amazon.Mx, Customs and Phone Call?

FrankyOP

I posted this question in the customs subforum but I think it should be in this forum?  If not, can mod move this to correct subforum?

I purchased a product on amazon.mx, thinking the seller was shipping the product from inside mexico since i saw it had a mexican address for the business

Its a cream that you can easily buy on amazon.com in the US and i bought it many times.  The seller tells me the product is imported from the US... which surprised me because it was listed on amazon.mx.  There are also no custom fees as there is no wording of importacion which made me thought okay product is coming from Mexico and not imported..  The seller tells me no import fees or anything like that.  They told me they are taking care of the customs paperwork so once its in customs and goes by it, the product will be shipped to my product here in Mexico. 

I recently received a few phone calls to my telcel phone that seems to show + 001 234 56 as the number and coming from Mexico.  I don't answer any unknown calls because they are usually scams and telemarketers.  However, a while back when i bought from amazon.mx and the product was not from a 3rd party and from amazon.mx directly i got call and i didn't not reply because i figure it was scam/telemarketing.  Then they send me text message amazon so i messaged back and called them and it was the person delivering the product from amazon.mx.  So anytime i buy off amazon.mx and its from them directly, they always give me a call when they are here, then i pick up and go downstairs to pick up the item.

Does anyone know if customs calls you on the phone if its a product that is imported?  Like whether it gets in or not?  The product is an OTC cream that you can easily get on amazon.com so there is no ingredients in there which is not allowed etc.  The seller told me they taking care of the customs paperwork and i have nothing to do and just check the dhl tracking etc.

Does anyone know if customs will give you a phone call if a product is being imported to you?  Or only if there is an issue?   I didn't pick it up few times already but now im thinking... maybe thats customs?  But what if they don't call back?  Would like to know from anyone that bought a product online from the US and had it imported to Mexico.  Had I know the product was coming from the US, i wouldn't have bought it because i read stories of customs and packages etc.

Can't answer your question but would suggest you take a chance and take those calls when you're waiting for a delivery. Who on this board could tell you if your calls are legit or not? Amazon has been nearly perfect giving a refund if you don't get an order so probably no worries there.  Good luck.

Hey yes i will answer the call when if they call again.  I know for sure this isn't DHL though because when checking the tracking, it doesn't show that it has arrived here etc.  I was told by the seller that once it goes by customs, it will show it on tracking. 

And yes when the product goes by customs, obviously I will answer the call since i know DHL will give me a call when they are here so i can come down and pick it up.

But it was the seller told me there is nothing i need to do, just check the dhl tracking so thats why when i got these calls, i didnt think anything about it.  Such as well its not DHL because it hasn't made it through customs yet.  But then i just thought, could it be customs contacting me?  So thats why i want to know if anyone here had a similar issue.

Are you telling me that its possible the product is already here or something?  Anytime i bought a bought a product from amazon.mx or mercadolibre and the shipping was amazon shipping or dhl shipping from mercadolibre, its always been accurate.  I know there is no way the product can get here this fast because the seller said it would take a lot longer etc.