Chapala.com Webboard

Chapala breaks 2 more promises.

1 hour ago, CHILLIN said:

Not at all, it is from people who had good enough jobs and can afford to move here with pensions and cash. Most of them would have lived in suburbs or small farms in the North. This is the lifestyle they are used to. Many of them missed the "urban peasant" culture and lifestyle.

Well that is one of the advantages here, there are a diversity of life styles to be had.  You have to wonder about folks who feel the need to "disparage" choices made by others.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Well that is one of the advantages here, there are a diversity of life styles to be had.  You have to wonder about folks who feel the need to "disparage" choices made by others.

No, you have to wonder about those who "disparage" the community and colonias that THEY chose to invest and live in. Then the usual tropes begin, blaming everyone else, the corrupt politicians, welfare bums, Central American refugees, cartels, etc. Do your see a pattern here? I sure do. It makes me sick.

29 minutes ago, CHILLIN said:

No, you have to wonder about those who "disparage" the community and colonias that THEY chose to invest and live in. Then the usual tropes begin, blaming everyone else, the corrupt politicians, welfare bums, Central American refugees, cartels, etc. Do your see a pattern here? I sure do. It makes me sick.

Not being in  Ajijic at the moment, it's impossible to say if MC's characterizations of the conditions are accurate or an exaggeration. To me, there is a huge difference between disparaging physical conditions of one's neighborhood and disparaging the neighbors who one lives with. Disparaging of politicians is a universal act and I pay no attention to that whether I like or dislike the politician being disparaged. I suspect the politicians being disparaged have a much thicker skin than some who cry every time one is attacked. But that's just my opinion and I don't claim it's morally superior.  Would love to see someone post in opposition to MC's characterizations with facts, pictures or whatever, if he is so far off base you could refute the allegations without attacking the person. Attack the argument and you can't be accused of anything. Hope you have a home remedy for your sickness.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pappysmarket said:

Not being in  Ajijic at the moment, it's impossible to say if MC's characterizations of the conditions are accurate or an exaggeration. To me, there is a huge difference between disparaging physical conditions of one's neighborhood and disparaging the neighbors who one lives with. Disparaging of politicians is a universal act and I pay no attention to that whether I like or dislike the politician being disparaged. I suspect the politicians being disparaged have a much thicker skin than some who cry every time one is attacked. But that's just my opinion and I don't claim it's morally superior.  Would love to see someone post in opposition to MC's characterizations with facts, pictures or whatever, if he is so far off base you could refute the allegations without attacking the person. Attack the argument and you can't be accused of anything. Hope you have a home remedy for your sickness.

Most of us have better things to do than amassing what you suggest, just to bang our heads against a brick wall.

• Like 2

True!  But I sometimes wonder why some seem to have so much time to attack the person rather than the argument. I guess the same reason many Romans used to love going to the Coliseum, LOL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pappysmarket said:

True!  But I sometimes wonder why some seem to have so much time to attack the person rather than the argument. I guess the same reason many Romans used to love going to the Coliseum, LOL.

Because people just naturally want to assign an "author" to all problems, or at least to those who argue pro or con, and when you run out of people to blame, there is always God and the Devil.

33 minutes ago, slainte39 said:

Because people just naturally want to assign an "author" to all problems, or at least to those who argue pro or con, and when you run out of people to blame, there is always God and the Devil.

Yeah, I agree with that. Right now they have their favorite "author" in the US but he seems to have a pretty thick skin. Looking at the world right now, the Devil seems to be ahead on points.

4 hours ago, pappysmarket said:

Because they can't attack the argument because they know it is right or make a valid rebuttal of their own.  It's a great cover for ignorance and or ineptitude in discourse.

Chillin you stated that some of your neighbors like to disparage Ajijic.  That is different from disparaging a corrupt government that pretty much shafts the entire municipio outside of one town.  Of course some of the residents of said town don't like to be reminded of this so they take refuge in personally attacking and misrepresenting anyone who has the temerity to do so.  I'm sure the politicos responsible appreciate the support.

• Thanks 1

One might wonder if "the politicos" read this board and react by further neglecting services to the area from which the usual complaints emanate.  Could it be "cause and effect" in action? Or, could it be that a certain demographic is becoming less and less acceptable for some reason?:017:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Yes, no doubt it is the fault of Riberas that absolutely nothing is done there at all.  Once a Chapologist, always one, eh?  Even many years after leaving and not returning.

:D

Gee, we have way better internet than most places AND we have brand spankin' new electrical poles and wiring. Of course, those weren't supplied by the chapala government either. Potholes? Yup, we have a bunch of those but they do keep the speed of the traffic down. A sewer system would be nice but I'm not gonna hold my breath. Did I miss anything?

55 minutes ago, RVGRINGO said:

One might wonder if "the politicos" read this board and react by further neglecting services to the area from which the usual complaints emanate.  Could it be "cause and effect" in action? Or, could it be that a certain demographic is becoming less and less acceptable for some reason?:017:

You know, that's a really interesting theory.  You seem to be suggesting our Chapala government is populated with people who are so vindictive and mean spirited they would deliberately withhold services from an entire community because a few people criticize them for it.

And here I thought I was pretty hard on them.  You definitely got me beat here.  :D

Nope Ferret you didn't miss a thing.  Riberas is definitely the community most bereft of municipal services in our municipio.  :)

1 hour ago, RVGRINGO said:

RV I think you may have hit it.  I long suspected our Mexican hosts would get sick and tired of foreigners overrunning their towns.  Many of my friends disagreed and insisted "we" are bringing so much money that we must be exalted, not just tolerated. From the looks on the faces of the younger males I suspected we were hated, not welcomed. As that demographic replaces the previous generation, I would expect more "Go back where you came from" to be more prevalent and what better way to do that than make life uncomfortable. People are people everywhere and tribalism will always win out over "Diversity". Your comment of "some reason" can perhaps be answered by "Too go***n many". Enough is too much I think they may be saying.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, pappysmarket said:

RV I think you may have hit it.  I long suspected our Mexican hosts would get sick and tired of foreigners overrunning their towns.  Many of my friends disagreed and insisted "we" are bringing so much money that we must be exalted, not just tolerated. From the looks on the faces of the younger males I suspected we were hated, not welcomed. As that demographic replaces the previous generation, I would expect more "Go back where you came from" to be more prevalent and what better way to do that than make life uncomfortable. People are people everywhere and tribalism will always win out over "Diversity". Your comment of "some reason" can perhaps be answered by "Too go***n many". Enough is too much I think they may be saying.

Seriously money should not enter into the argument...if you have a house , car, church, town or city.... the logical goal surely  is to take care of it, be kind and nurture it..." HELP IT GROW AND LEAVE IT IN A BETTER STAT THAN YOU FOUND IT"...Pride in ownership

Last week I visited friends in Mirosol..now this is an example how things have began to look "rough" and run down ..I guess since it could not function like a Fracc and turned that responsibility over to Chapala Municipal 

4 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Yes, no doubt it is the fault of Riberas that absolutely nothing is done there at all.  Once a Chapologist, always one, eh?  Even many years after leaving and not returning.

:D

This is a confusing post, since Riberas is part of Chapala town governance in the Municipio of Chapala, who are you blaming? Not Chapala town, as Riberas is part of the town? Or are you blaming Ajijic?

You haven´t even moved to Chapala yet, but yet you are making a case about how bad part of it is. Are you saying that the Chapala town can´t take care of  itself because the money is going to Ajijic?

:017:

Riberas has always been part of Chapala town governance and not part of SAT.

That is different from disparaging a corrupt government that pretty much shafts the entire municipio outside of one town.  Of course some of the residents of said town don't like to be reminded of this so they take refuge in personally attacking and misrepresenting anyone who has the temerity to do so.  I'm sure the politicos responsible appreciate the support.

You are so wrong, Mainecoons. The local government also shafts most of Chapala too. You don’t live here so you do not know that most of us also drive on pothole riddled roads, some days have no city water, and never know if our trash will be picked up or not. We complain about the money being spent on the Jesus bridge and fancying up the area around the malecon and roads in Centro for the tapitios and tourists while for us driving home is a game of Dodge the Potholes. But you have created your story and seem uninterested in whether it is accurate or not. That is the part that annoys me about your posts. 

• Like 8

I just don't hear any of it anymore, praise or condemnation, since nothing changes.  For less than $200 US a year in property taxes I figure I buy some group of 4 a nice dinner at in some conference city where they contract for municipal services we don't want or need.

What I get tired of is the whining.  Add $275 more to your tax bill and then spend it on your own street fixing potholes lots of guys know how to do that work.   Or for $100 pesos a week hire a neighbor kid to put clean bags in the abandoned wastecans on poles on your street and they can take them ut on trash day too.  That was another poorly executed cleanup plan with no funding. My next expenditure on my street is going to be painting the poles grey or brown over the "art" kittie cat faces or butterflies or bows from a couple years back art effort.  Those things look terrible all weathered.

I got tired of being disappointed.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Xena said:

"You are so wrong, Mainecoons. The local government also shafts most of Chapala too. You don’t live here so you do not know that most of us also drive on pothole riddled roads, some days have no city water, and never know if our trash will be picked up or not. We complain about the money being spent on the Jesus bridge and fancying up the area around the malecon and roads in Centro for the tapitios and tourists while for us driving home is a game of Dodge the Potholes. But you have created your story and seem uninterested in whether it is accurate or not. That is the part that annoys me about your posts."

!00% agree.

If I could interrupt the penile measurements for a moment to get back to the original topic, i spoke with Community Liaison Hector and he will look in to the two phone number operations and get back to me . Info to follow upon receipt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I'm 100 percent wrong while the government cleans your streets (go out there and look) while here some valiant soul took a wheelbarrow and broom and started cleaning up the unswept mess.  There isn't a single municipal employee doing this here on a regular basis.  Last time I was in Chapala I counted a half dozen guys working just around the corner of Madero and Hildalgo.  

I do visit your town and shop there and see new streets all over the place including a rebuild of your tianquis street while ours is full of yawning dangerous potholes along with the rest of the streets here.  I see volunteers here raising money to fix our neglected Malecon and fill potholes while yours is repaired by municipal employees and tax dollars.  Sorry you Chapala residents don't like to be reminded of this but there it is.

We just think we should have at least some minimal cleaning and repair services and not be constantly having to take care of our own while yours is taken care of with everyone's tax dollars.

Maybe some of you need to visit here too because you really don't have a clue how neglected this town has become.   :(

• Like 1

17 hours ago, slainte39 said:

This is a confusing post, since Riberas is part of Chapala town governance in the Municipio of Chapala, who are you blaming? Not Chapala town, as Riberas is part of the town? Or are you blaming Ajijic?

You haven´t even moved to Chapala yet, but yet you are making a case about how bad part of it is. Are you saying that the Chapala town can´t take care of  itself because the money is going to Ajijic?

:017:

Riberas has always been part of Chapala town governance and not part of SAT.

Riberas is the responsibility of the Chapala Muncipio government just as all the other areas are.  There is no separate Chapala town government.  I'm not the one confused here.

The same government applies to all but that government fails to deliver services proportionately to all.  That's the issue.

33 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

I'm 100 percent wrong while the government cleans your streets (go out there and look) while here some valiant soul took a wheelbarrow and broom and started cleaning up the unswept mess.  There isn't a single municipal employee doing this here on a regular basis.  Last time I was in Chapala I counted a half dozen guys working just around the corner of Madero and Hildalgo.  

I do visit your town and shop there and see new streets all over the place including a rebuild of your tianquis street while ours is full of yawning dangerous potholes along with the rest of the streets here.  I see volunteers here raising money to fix our neglected Malecon and fill potholes while yours is repaired by municipal employees and tax dollars.  Sorry you Chapala residents don't like to be reminded of this but there it is.

We just think we should have at least some minimal cleaning and repair services and not be constantly having to take care of our own while yours is taken care of with everyone's tax dollars.

Maybe some of you need to visit here too because you really don't have a clue how neglected this town has become.   :(

Thank you for telling me what the conditions are where I live and you don’t. I should have realized you would know more about it than I do. I am sorry that you are so unhappy where you live but attacking people living in another town is not the answer to your unhappiness. You are a very fortunate man living a privileged life and yet your posts grow increasingly angry, bitter, and mean spirited. I am done.

• Like 6

He has been whining since his arrival...1st it was LaBodega that was across the street from him long before he moved here and always had music that wasn't to his taste. He ranted a bitched about that for years without success. Then it was the new neighbor who built a new home that compromised his view of the lake. Now a continuing assault about Chapala and how splendid it is there compared to here..Never one to be satisfied...best to ignore a fool.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1