Chapala.com Webboard

PDF of new FMM form

Does anyone know where a blank PDF of the new FMM form can be obtained online? The official Mexico site does not provide options descriptive of "Other" as reason for entry. I will be arriving in Lakeside to finalize my temporary resident card, so it is important I have a way to describe the purpose of the trip. 

31 minutes ago, carlchild said:

Does anyone know where a blank PDF of the new FMM form can be obtained online? The official Mexico site does not provide options descriptive of "Other" as reason for entry. I will be arriving in Lakeside to finalize my temporary resident card, so it is important I have a way to describe the purpose of the trip. 

The only online INM form FMM that I am aware of, is strictly for visitors.  You will get an INM form at either the airport where you land in Mexico or at an INM office at a land border crossing.  

Obtain your FMM at the airport and show your pre-approved visa. It is the same  FMM used for tourists. They will mark it  CANJE.

You may also obtain your FMM on-line but there is no advantage. It still needs to be stamped and marked CANJE and your pre-approved visa in your passport date stamped.  My web site has a link to the FMME, the electronic format.

If you are driving you may obtain your TIP online and it will be for 180  days vs the typical 30 days which it what it should be. By obtaining  a TIP on-line and for 180  days it saves you rushing off to Aduana within 30  days. I have seen these many times.

4 hours ago, carlchild said:

Only 180 day tourist FMM forms you fill out and print and have stamped when entering Mexico are available online not 30 day "canje" FMM cards. That is why if you are driving into Mexico you cannot apply for a TIP online in your case.

Having a .pdf copy of the FMM forma migratoria múltiple is still useful -- that way you can fill in the blanks ahead of time (when you're not in such a rush) and copy the information over to the official form at the airport or border crossing.  Spencer McMullen kindly posted the new form on his chapalalaw.com web site.
- - - - - - - -
Changes to common immigration forms effective August 1, 2018
Spencer’s Office SC, Abogados
http://bit.ly/2y1kSOT

image.thumb.png.5987028a6502582308100c7f1ae0ecd4.png

1 hour ago, Brian Dalziel said:

The example above shows an older FMM -- a revised form was introduced in 2018 and some of the entries are now in new locations.  

It is identical to what I got from from INM at the airport 2 weeks ago.  AND Spencer's form is the same

For the past 2 1/2 years, we have flown in/out GDL to the US every two months; I ask for a blank FMM form at the Airport kiosk and again on the plane when returning to MX. 

Have yet to get a "new" form, including the ones obtained from the GDL kiosk less than a week ago.  

• Like 1

On 7/22/2019 at 6:09 AM, WideSky said:

Here is a partially completed form too.

immigration form completed fake.jpg

So if you have a Permanente visa do you turn in the bottom part when you get your boarding pass leaving Mexico and turn in the top part when you enter Mexico again? What happens if you can't find the top part when you return to Mexico?

2 hours ago, cedros said:

So if you have a Permanente visa do you turn in the bottom part when you get your boarding pass leaving Mexico and turn in the top part when you enter Mexico again? What happens if you can't find the top part when you return to Mexico?

YES - bottom when you leave, top when you return; 
Don't know but perhaps someone else does.

I lost my top part maybe 5 years ago when I when I went north for a month. When I returned, I had to use a new form and informed the Mexican agent that. He scolded me, but it was no big problem. I have no idea if things are the same today.

On 7/29/2019 at 3:55 PM, johanson said:

I lost my top part maybe 5 years ago when I when I went north for a month. When I returned, I had to use a new form and informed the Mexican agent that. He scolded me, but it was no big problem. I have no idea if things are the same today.

A scolding isn't too bad. A fine would be worse.