Chapala.com Webboard

Recommendations for a new printer/scanner?

I had misposted this in the cocina section. Sorry

My trusty old HP 6210 just gave up the ghost after many years of fine service. Need to buy general service replacement. Any feedback and recommendations of what is out there would be appreciated. Also open to  good quality, lightly used one. Gracias, hombregringo@gmail.com 

https://www.costco.com.mx/Electronica/Impresion/Impresoras-Escaner-y-Copiadoras/HP-Impresora-HP-Ink-Tank-315/p/520039

We bought this one. No more need for expensive ink cartridges. The ink in the ink tanks lasts for many years. I print a color page only every once in a while and the print heads haven't clogged in over 1 1/2 years. I haven't had a better printer than this one. Highly recommended.

If you don't need color, I recommend a brother LASER printer. DCP L 2540 DW or a later model. Real workhorses. Toner cartridge is very cheap and has lots of features. (scanner, printer, copier).

I got the "Low Toner" alert and reset the counter and got another 133 pages out of it. You can also refill the cartridges yourself if so inclined. Toner and cartridged available on MercadoLibra pretty cheap.

I gave up on colour printers a long time ago. For the very few colour prints I want, it's easier to put them on a flash drive and get them done at a Papeleria. I currently have an HP Laserjet with scanner and copier Model Number #M1132 MFP but it is now 7 years old but still works fine. The first HP Laserjet I had, I bought in 1989 and it lasted fifteen years. I really made that printer work HARD. And, HP was the very first company to come out with laserjets and, imho, have kept up.

OK...now I am now convinced that it will be a B&W Laserjet. Could i get some input on the latest and better ones from Walmart or Sterin. I cannot remember the last time I made a color copy and would like to avoid paying for new cartridges or refills. I do not have a Costco card but maybe Mercardo Libre would also be an option. 

I think you should check out some of the reviews on Google. There are way too many variables now that you haven't even included in your request.

Duplex printing (that's printing on both sides of the paper at the same time)?

Wireless?

Printing from a flash drive?

Printing from a mobile device (like cell phone)?

Fax?

There's even one that will print both sides of an ID card on the same side of the paper.

The choices just boggled my mind. And I hate, hate, hate that the newer HP models are white not black.

I'm stepping back out of this one. Sorry.

Following up on my recommendation above, here is my model:

https://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-590387162-multifuncional-brother-dcp-l2540-duplex-wifi-meses-sin-inte-_JM?quantity=1&variation=37528842787

And when the time comes for replacing the toner, check Mercadolibra.

Maybe Amazon has one in Mexico.

I actually have three of them. I feel much more comfortable in Mexico with having back-ups for most everything.

image.png.3c7ec542c383f1666f69333e488bfeda.png