Chapala.com Webboard

Need advice quickly

Something in my closet is eating little holes in all my clothes, but there's nothing visible. I already have mint, bay leaf and citrosa geranium sachets in there but doesn't seem to help. I can't afford to lose my whole wardrobe; has anyone had this problem and what do I have to do to eliminate whatever it is? I can't handle the smell of mothballs so that's not an option...  

10 hours ago, kgreenbury said:

Something in my closet is eating little holes in all my clothes, but there's nothing visible. I already have mint, bay leaf and citrosa geranium sachets in there but doesn't seem to help. I can't afford to lose my whole wardrobe; has anyone had this problem and what do I have to do to eliminate whatever it is? I can't handle the smell of mothballs so that's not an option...  

Little holes all over or just in one spot, like the waist area? Seriously, several of us have discussed holes appearing in the bellybutton area--and we never experienced this NOB. Always in this spot only, We've looked unsuccessfully at sharp edges in countertops, washer, dryer, iron and ironing board. Changing detergents. We all have water purification systems. Looking online, many articles point to belts, jeans rubbing seems to be the primary culprit. (That doesn't explain sleepwear.) Countless articles point to cheaper fabrics being used in garments and rubbing against buttons at the waist. It's annoying as heck. 

In my case, the holes are in different places on the garments, the latest in the shoulder/chest area of a favourite blouse - not someplace you'd be likely to snag... I wondered about cedar - probably can't find the wood closet protectors here but maybe cotton balls dipped in cedar oil? 

It`s most likely the larvae of some flying insect.  In the US there were "moths". It wasn`t the moths (no mouth parts) eating clothes, it was their larvae.  To eradicate larvae on clothes I would dry clean all the clothes of that fiber or even all natural fiber clothes near your blouse.