Chapala.com Webboard

RV parking

Recently met two couples with RV’s wanting to drive down to Lake Chapala in January. To my knowledge, Roco Azul is the only official trailer park but wondering if anyone knows of other options closer to Ajijic. One of the ladies has an incredible voice and will undoubtedly be singing in any bar/restaurant that has a band. Hate to see them driving back to Roco late at night.

There are supposedly several places in San Antonio unless they are now defunct.

This was supposedly in Chapala:  https://trailerparkchapala.webnode.mx/

I've noticed a big drop off of people driving RVs into Mexico because of the bad roads and high tolls and gas prices.  Most of the RV parks that used to be in La Manzanilla for example are defunct.  

Roca Azul has always been the best place in this area.

• Like 1

When we were renting in CVN and walked down that little goat trail (along Eldorado) to Superlake, there was  some kind of RV park across the Little theater or El parque community . It was mainly open field but there was one RV there. I do not know about the facilities though or if  they are still in existence. Maybe someone else knows.

When we first came to Ajijic in 1999 there was no El Parque ..... the whole area was a RV park called PAL.

The one Mainecoons is referring to is also out of town (closer to Ixtlahuatan ?)

4 minutes ago, RCman said:

Thank you. Considering all the amenities in Roco Azul I think that is their best option. Somebody will simply have to be the DD for the night, Jajaja You need all your faculties driving that road at night.

The problem is, no matter if you are stone cold sober, most of the other drivers late at night on that road won't be.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Of course, especially if discreetly parking in a reasonably sized RV later in the evening in an appropriately quiet area near the 'engagement', napping till morning could be straightforward.  The price of fuel from RA could make such an evening out uneconomic, however.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I was having lunch in Ixtlahuacan and met a couple of RVers. They have a fifth wheel travel trailer and stay at the RV Park Chapala. It is located across the highway from Ixtlahuacan and next Agua Escondida. I have not been there and cannot vouch for it. Check out their website and location.

https://trailerparkchapala.webnode.mx/ 

https://www.google.com/maps/place/RV+Trailer+Park+Chapala/@20.3574799,-103.1849888,14.96z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0xc937fce437f685cd!8m2!3d20.3680269!4d-103.1804581

20 hours ago, conejorapido said:

The park across from El Parque has some pads, sewer and power hookups. Very convenient, much more so than Roca Azul although maybe not as pretty

Thank you for expanding on my post conejorapido. I thought that was very convenient central location.

23 hours ago, peterth said:

You might wish to check with Gustavo at Ajijic rv park  on Rio Amazonas at the corner withRio Chamela  he might put something together for you his phone # 33 1352 5125  a nice location just on the west edge of Ajijic

I just also sent him Gustavo's # by PM. Great spot.

• 2 months later...

We stayed at this newly open RV park recently. It is the very best. It far exceeds all options in the area. This RV park is close to Chapala, a 10 minute ride will get you into the heart of the city. Perfect roads leading up to the park. All amenities really close by. Clean bathrooms and showers with hot water and great pressure. Electrical service is grounded and functions well - it was set up by an electrical engineer. Fantastic 180 degree view of the mountains and valley towns. Very friendly and accommodating owners who are ready to listen to you. Quiet, clean and everything close by. It was the best RV park we stayed at in Mexico.

https://trailerparkchapala.webnode.mx/

Not a bad location but the name is a bit misleading.   The views are pretty good up in there.

Considering the fact fuel is pushing towards $5 here, the tolls are sky high and the roads are pretty bad overall I don't see an RV resurgence in Mexico anytime soon.  Too bad, this could be a great country to RV in.  

• Like 2

The 'weather' on that side of the mountain is somewhat different than 'directly' on the lake... so I've been told. Also more Guadalajara pollution. 

BUT, having an RV park that close to Lake Chapala is a welcomed addition me thinks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...