Chapala.com Webboard

ilox Installation Status?

I was promised Jocotepec set-up by July 15th and now it has been delayed by 4 months more...maybe

I doubt that the girl at the sign up office has any real information as she just states a time and smiles or maybe has gas....either way I will try a local service in Joco that will do a set up in one week. I will probably lose my Illox installation cost as no refund was offered.

• Haha 4

I signed up the day after they opened the office in Ajijic. Promised in 2 months...nada...another promise of 2 months...nada. 2 weeks ago sent an email and after 2 more tries just received this yesterday:

AIbEiAIAAABECKOT5Pu9lJuFngEiC3ZjYXJkX3Bob3RvKig3ZjQ2MGVlNThjZDAwZjFiZGJjMjRmMTM4NzgzZWZlMmQ4NmExOGU2MAEEyUbQVGbaehAsWfdFcybjKT0ucw?sz=80

Ing. Víctor Godínez <hugogodi@mail.tvrey.com.mx>

Jul 16, 2019, 8:23 PM (13 hours ago)
to me, Magally, Jesus, Angelica, NOC-TV-Rey
cleardot.gifOur install team is working on your area.
Service should be up in 2 weeks at most.
I AM IN SAN ANTONIO...HOPE SPRINGS ETERNAL!!!
cleardot.gif
  • Like 1

from a FB post:

ILOX update FB post/Tom Kessler

07/16/2019 (19 hours ago)

All, if I were going to lead this project again, the only regret I have is that when it was said the prepaids would have priority, it should have been qualified with the statement:  "conditioned upon Ilox being able to keep their crew and asset utilization up at reasonable levels."  That means, where they've built out an area, they can install, at least 2 - 3  per day.  But they weren't able to do that. so they've had to adjust to keep things financially viable.  Right now they're in Raquet Club, then they'll go to Riberas, then probably back towards Joco. They're working hard.  They've had some crew turnover.   Because there have been  issues, and the installs are a few months behind, they are reluctant to commit to specific dates.   That may also be a Mexican cultural thing, but thats all it is.   

If you have prepaid and are unhappy, go to the Ilox office and fill out the refund form and they'll have you a check cut within one or two days.  Otherwise, they are working  hard to catch up on the installs and good progress is being made.  Refunded accounts will go to the end of the queue.  Believe it or not, they are prioritizing, just in ways that keep asset and crew utilization up.  

Your other options are to keep complaining.  I don't know how that will work out.  You might get a good answer.  Or a refund check you didn't request.  Or a lawsuit.  My advice however is that you chill and enjoy this country for what it is.  If you prepaid, you might reflect on the fact that payment supported a campaign that unleashed the great benefits of competition.  Telmex is furiously upgrading the rest of lakeside with VDSL and fiber..Telcel Internet en Casa also said to work well now.

If NLU wants to spend his remaining time on the planet being angry, bitter, and vindictive toward a corporation for whom he no longer exists that is his choice. His posts will change nothing but apparently they are something he needs to do.   If the people who are finding him tiresome put him on ignore they will no longer see the bitter posts he can not stop making. Everyone will get their needs met.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, mexjerry said:

from a FB post:

ILOX update FB post/Tom Kessler

07/16/2019 (19 hours ago)

All, if I were going to lead this project again, the only regret I have is that when it was said the prepaids would have priority, it should have been qualified with the statement:  "conditioned upon Ilox being able to keep their crew and asset utilization up at reasonable levels."  That means, where they've built out an area, they can install, at least 2 - 3  per day.  But they weren't able to do that. so they've had to adjust to keep things financially viable.  Right now they're in Raquet Club, then they'll go to Riberas, then probably back towards Joco. They're working hard.  They've had some crew turnover.   Because there have been  issues, and the installs are a few months behind, they are reluctant to commit to specific dates.   That may also be a Mexican cultural thing, but thats all it is.   

If you have prepaid and are unhappy, go to the Ilox office and fill out the refund form and they'll have you a check cut within one or two days.  Otherwise, they are working  hard to catch up on the installs and good progress is being made.  Refunded accounts will go to the end of the queue.  Believe it or not, they are prioritizing, just in ways that keep asset and crew utilization up.  

Your other options are to keep complaining.  I don't know how that will work out.  You might get a good answer.  Or a refund check you didn't request.  Or a lawsuit.  My advice however is that you chill and enjoy this country for what it is.  If you prepaid, you might reflect on the fact that payment supported a campaign that unleashed the great benefits of competition.  Telmex is furiously upgrading the rest of lakeside with VDSL and fiber..Telcel Internet en Casa also said to work well now.

Mexjerry, would you (or anyone) please post a link to this facebook post? Thanks.

• Like 1

"Right now they're in Raquet Club, then they'll go to Riberas, then probably back towards Joco."  As a Westender, living  beyond San Juan Cosala, March 2018 prepaid,  I hope those living from San Juan Cosala to Joco can stay the course.   Its frustrating I know, we have a .8 download/.4 upload on a good day, on the weekend, hours without service as the GDL's come out, to be getting further behind in service as the core areas are being built up even more from service that we've never had.  Since moving to El Tempisque 8+ years ago we have declined steadily from the 1.75 down we started with.

My concern is though that given the smaller population on the West end, excluding Joco, that as people drop out, get refunds, that at some point Ilox will say its more cost effective to give refunds, than install the service.  

Stay the course! Please

• Like 1

@Tugwestend.   Not to worry.  The cable for all of Lakeside from Joco to San Antonio is in.    They activate sections from the Ajijic concentrator, which is a significant investment by itself. .  Then they go into the activated sections and install the house drops.   When they started activating sections in central Ajijic and went to install the drops,  3/4 of the people had left for the summer.  They faced stranded investment they already made, (can´t start billing until they install¨), and crews firing on 2 cylinders. What did they do?  keep the crews busy with new sign ups (Ajijic), readjust the plan to areas where people were around,  West Ajijic and Raquet Club, and come back later to Riberas and San Antonio where most had left.  

The project didn´t officially start until November of 2018. Everything before was pledging and collecting.  There was no official program go ahead until November.  Here we are in July.  They said 6 months.  We're a few months behind.  For full fiber to the home whereas before it was no hope with Telmex?     

Ilox is absolutely committed to providing service to the prepaids who signed up. Please understand the recent sign up installs is  strictly a crew and asset utilization strategy because so many people left for the summer.   That's all.   The area west of Raquet Club is still dark fiber that should be activating for subsequent installs soon.  Then they´ll schedule those.  Then they´ll activate the next section, etc.  

"can't start billing until they install". ROTFLMAO!

I am happy that iLox has come to town. However, you need to stop covering for them Tom. I live in Riberas and paid for a full year in advance over a year + ago. No phone call, no e-mail, NO communication of any kind. There are a number of customer oriented things that they could and should be doing.

1) iLox should be communicating directly with customers via mass e-mail as to status of an area, where they're installing next and time frames... with regular updates because, yes, stuff happens.

2) They should have provided service to the areas that have the worst Telmex speeds FIRST and they fall between West Ajijic and Joco. THOSE people would have been the very best FREE advertising that iLox could have ever gotten. Missed opportunity.

• Like 5

Ferret, up until late November of last year the project was uncertain and your payment a speculative deposit was at risk at being refunded.  You have magically turned that into a  declaration of breach of contract, me covering for them etc.    In reality, they are about 2 months behind.  If you hadn´t been one of those 300 people who took the risk, the project never would have happened and everyone would still be groaning over Telmex, who by the way, is upgrading Riberas as we speak.    The residents of Riberas are conveniently ignoring the fact that when Ilox started contacting them on the installs, to their horror no-one was there, and they decided to push out to avoid a repeat of the central Ajijic problem.   They will come back to Riberas just as soon as they finish up Raquet club.   Sorry its worked out that way but don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.    The prepaids who took the risk and relieved Ilox and the expense of getting those 300 customers is what tipped the case for them to come in.      Community crowdfunded projects like this..pledge first, then deposits, finally commit when the deposit goal reached, are a great model to get things done that otherwise never would have happened.    Sorry for this glitch but thats all it is, a small glitch.   

Like I said, lousy PR, but they are learning as they go along. The simple truth is: Before, no fibre lakeside. Now, a huge fibre network and a ton of activity from lazy competitors. I don't see the "lose" anywhere.

I most certainly did NOT turn it into a breach of contract. I turned it into a missed opportunity for promoting themselves and pointed out that they suck at communications.

Riberas has fine speed and had it even BEFORE Telmex put in fiber. iLox' priorities are in question as to the roll out.

• Like 1

Ferret, please accept my apologies.  I didn't mean to conflate your comments with other folks who have alleged all kinds of breaches.  I have to agree the communications is wanting.  I would complain about it more except I've been in MX for over 30 years now and poor communication and lack thereof seems to be a permanent part of the culture.. Not to be confused with dishonesty or broken promises.    We gringos living here have the luxury of playing both ends against the middle.   Manana when we like, indignation otherwise.  A great life here because of that.  Keeps your blood pressure down.   Tom

• Haha 1