Chapala.com Webboard

My TelMex Adventure

About a week ago our home phone, (land lines) lost dial tone and the next morning no more internet. Off I went to the office in Ajijic.....the agent was very polite and opened a repair order and promised no more than a three day delay. No one showed up and no service was restored....In I went again and was informed that my line was checked and all was well...BUT, in the interest of good customer service a new order was opened and my cell phone received a copy with a 24 hour promise that the repair man would ring our bell and confirm all was well.....

LOL...no one came! A local man who repairs wiring in the home and replaces "rotted" lines from the post to the house was suggested. Two hours later he was at my home. The break in the line was three meters from the post and he spliced and repaired it....200 mxp later and everything works.

I can't wait to say goodbye to TelMex. I am scheduled for an installation by next week of a new service. I felt the same way when ATAND T was knocked apart in the USA.....

• Like 1

That was also my experience and I had someone climb the pole to repair the corroded connection in the box at the top.

Gee Telmex, we were getting so excited that you had risen to the challenge of competition. But just putting in fiber for increased speed in certain places isn't going to do it. Most of your MANY repair men are incompetent and lazy.

• Like 3