Chapala.com Webboard
Alpha1

Bancomer Max limit for deposit

I have emailed and called the Chapla and Ajijic locations, without success. Mailbox full on call and emails ignored.

Would anyone know what the new limits for the maximum deposit via Cheque into a BBVA acccount is?

TIA

Bearer "Al portador" $5,000 pesos, no limits on checks made out to you but they can dishonor them if they are more than 2 weeks old or even if part is ripped, mutilited, etc.

I was told by Bancomer it is 1000USD but you can write multiple checks.  My info is about a month old.  We switched to money transfers companies.  Suggest Zoom and XE and you do have to do a little bit of answering questions and such when you set up. Even had Bancomer asked questions also.  Best solution that we found.  Better exchange rate than Bancomer also. 

34 minutes ago, lcscats said:

I was told by Bancomer it is 1000USD but you can write multiple checks.  My info is about a month old.  We switched to money transfers companies.  Suggest Zoom and XE and you do have to do a little bit of answering questions and such when you set up. Even had Bancomer asked questions also.  Best solution that we found.  Better exchange rate than Bancomer also. 

XE was great until they closed my account due to my Mexican residency, something about Mexico being a possible terrorist location... 🤨

To bad about Bancomer. I can write a cheque from my Scotia Canada as big as I want to my account at Intercam. I negotiate the exchange rate each time i do it with my account exec who gets the approval from the manager while I'm on the phone with her.

33 minutes ago, chartiec said:

Have written checks for $5000 for deposit to my BBVA account

Recently?

22 hours ago, Alpha1 said:

XE was great until they closed my account due to my Mexican residency, something about Mexico being a possible terrorist location... 🤨

Very good point and I should have pointed out this situation. We still keep a legal full house address in the US and legally live in both countries.

13 hours ago, chartiec said:

No. Been over one year

New policy. They did tell me for what it is worth that they are trying to change the policy for this branch.

• Like 1