Chapala.com Webboard

Ajijic citizen takes cleaning streets into his own hands

http://semanariolaguna.com/44585/

Ramon is a neighbor of mine, and sick of seeing trash on the bike path (which he helped make during the previous administration) bought a wheelbarrow and got some brooms etc and started cleaning.  I admire him because most people (ex-pats and locals) complain, but few do something about it.

By law we are responsible for our sidewalk and street in front of our houses, but many people don't ccomply.

If you see him cleaning, give him a thumbs up.  A great guy.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Mijo said:

I’ve been here 3 weeks. I’m staying in Ajijic for now. What happened here? Jocotepec is tidy. Streets are neat. Malecon is beautiful. So is Chapalas. But Ajijic. A little disappointed. A little maintenance goes a long way. 

Very simple answer.  Although Ajijic provides much of the municipality's tax base, it is short sheeted on services.  We used to have several municipal workers who swept the carretera and the busier streets regularly. 

No more.

We used to have regular and comprehensive street maintenance where they would come around several times per year and fix all the pot holes. 

No more, now it is hit or miss.  There's a giant pothole that has been at the foot of Revolucion for a good two years.  Practically every street in Ajijic is riddled with potholes of the same age.

You go to Chapala you see municipal workers all over the place sweeping, fixing streets, etc.  Everyone's tax dollars go mainly there now.  The Chapala government has a Facebook page where they constantly brag of all the good they are doing.  Follow it regularly and you will see it is mostly about stuff they are doing in and around Chapala.

The new "reform" government is the same old same old.  Same old cronies, same old look the other way at building violations, same old constant hot water with the state government and the legal system, getting their bank accounts frozen, getting sued by everyone and his brother.

Same old same old.

Shortly the "Chapalogist" crowd will show up to assure you this is not the case.  Don't be deceived, your eyes are not lying to you.  Go take a look at that skate park blight in the heart of the Ajijic Malecon for the icing on the cake.

Ajijic--Pueblo Trashico.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I carry a small trash bag and some hand cleaner and pick up trash everyday along the highway when I go for my morning walk.   Good to know some one else is doing the same thing. It makes you feel good and its good honest work.  Try it.  (Do take hand cleaner it is messy sometimes or one could use gloves).

• Like 1