Chapala.com Webboard

Two kinds of toll tags?

I have a "Tag Pase" I got at Oxxo.  It seems to work going east towards Mexico City.  However going north towards Chihuahua it seems most automated toll booths are "IAVE Telepeaje."  Does that require a different kind of toll tag?  Where would I get that one?

Googling this I get references that say the Tag Pase will work at the IAVE booths and I get references that say they are two separate systems.

Thanks!

45 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

I have a "Tag Pase" I got at Oxxo.  It seems to work going east towards Mexico City.  However going north towards Chihuahua it seems most automated toll booths are "IAVE Telepeaje."  Does that require a different kind of toll tag?  Where would I get that one?

Googling this I get references that say the Tag Pase will work at the IAVE booths and I get references that say they are two separate systems.

Thanks!

Coons, I have the same passe you have, but the other one is available by telephone sent to your home 01-800-111-0088. The Passe is invaluable going north to Texas.

10 hours ago, geeser said:

Coons, I have the same passe you have, but the other one is available by telephone sent to your home 01-800-111-0088. The Passe is invaluable going north to Texas.

So you are able to use the "Tag Pase" at the IAVE marked booths?

The original name of the tags purchased for trips to Texas was IAVE. The name was later changed to I+D Mexico and the card renamed to Pase although the term IAVE still shows up under a different tag system called Capufe IAVE. If you read further you'll find there are about 10 different tag systems throughout the country which of course caused all sorts of problems for travelers. Apparently in 2014 Mexico came up with an interoperability program so people didn't need to get multiple tags that would cover all systems.

This link shows the map of the main Pase system: https://www.idmexico.com.mx/idmexico/Inicio/index?sectionname=TerritorioAutopistasNacionales&noticia=Y 

2019-07-14_073110.thumb.jpg.795fe06bf3b77c28366aa3eb5270e195.jpg

3 hours ago, John Shrall said:

The original name of the tags purchased for trips to Texas was IAVE. The name was later changed to I+D Mexico and the card renamed to Pase although the term IAVE still shows up under a different tag system called Capufe IAVE. If you read further you'll find there are about 10 different tag systems throughout the country which of course caused all sorts of problems for travelers. Apparently in 2014 Mexico came up with an interoperability program so people didn't need to get multiple tags that would cover all systems.

This link shows the map of the main Pase system: https://www.idmexico.com.mx/idmexico/Inicio/index?sectionname=TerritorioAutopistasNacionales&noticia=Y 

2019-07-14_073110.thumb.jpg.795fe06bf3b77c28366aa3eb5270e195.jpg

That map specifically does not include the cuotas in Chihuahua.  We will be regularly driving to Santa Teresa NM border crossing via Zacatecas, Torreon, and Chihuahua.  All the toll roads have electronic tag lanes but it does not appear Pase will work there.  The lanes are labeled Telepeaje IAVE.

I looked at this map and saw that when I got the Tag Pase.  Hence the question and the confusion.

Tha Pase tag works at the Capufe/IAVE toll booth at the end of the Chapalilla-Compostela toll road on the way to Puerto Vallarta. The only difference between this toll booth and the others on the way to the coast is the little sign on the wall saying Capufe.

The Jala-Compostela toll booths are run by a company called MRO. https://autopistajalacompostela.com/ The Pase tag works there too.

2019-07-14_113949.jpg.28a8d3571519989718a8d3a929c3aa00.jpg

Those seem to be shown on the map you posted.  The toll roads we are concerned with start just south of Torreon on Ruta40D, go north from Torreon on 49D through Jimenez and Carmago to the Chihuahua toll bypass then 45D to where the short toll road branches off to Santa Teresa.  None of these are shown on their map.  Hence my question.

The system automatically changed my account from IAVE, to I+D México and now PASE. It works for all those tolls that have changed over as well; some of the new tolls aren't yet on the system either (and new toll booths come and go and toll rates increase in some random order). Generally, the system seems to work better every time we use it.

• Like 1