Chapala.com Webboard

Shippers

23 hours ago, artsnob said:

I need to ship four of my paintings to San Miquel de Allende , are there any shippers lakeside who also do packing...

This probably won't help but I've been looking in Toronto for packers of museum quality for 2 months now. Estefata and DHL are not of that quality to trust with valuable paintings. 3 of mine dating 1885 in original hand carved frames, i would only trust an outfit that does this for museums and high end auction houses. Something else for you to consider if you know some of the people that spend time here and SMA. Ask them if they can drive them for you and wrap them in blankets or towels.

my 2 yager paintings.jpeg

1 hour ago, happyjillin said:

This probably won't help but I've been looking in Toronto for packers of museum quality for 2 months now. Estefata and DHL are not of that quality to trust with valuable paintings. 3 of mine dating 1885 in original hand carved frames, i would only trust an outfit that does this for museums and high end auction houses. Something else for you to consider if you know some of the people that spend time here and SMA. Ask them if they can drive them for you and wrap them in blankets or towels.

my 2 yager paintings.jpeg

I have sent many paintings to Merida and all shipments arrived in perfect condition. I always go with DHL. I used to have them prepare the art for shipping but now I prefer to do that part myself. Good luck with whoever you decide to go with.