Chapala.com Webboard

Malta & Grill Asador - Pub

chapalence

"Behind Mirasol" is as good a general indicator as anything, since pretty much the only way you can get "behind Mirasol" is to go down San Diego, and voila: there it is. Maybe you could provide a Google Map, just to make it clear to all of us.

It was most definitely discussed here, or I would never have heard of it. When I lived down the street from it, it was just a big ol' house on the corner of Los Angeles and San Diego.

Here's a Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Gastropub/Malta-Grill-Asador-Pub-126405241439103/

Here is TripAdvisor: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g499405-d16673699-Reviews-Malta_Grill_Asador_Pub-Ajijic.html

... but that puts it in Ajijic Centro.

• Haha 1

We ate there once several months ago.  As I remember the service was very good, it was comfortable, the food was decent (I can't remember what we had but we have discussed going back again).  The main thing I remember about that visit were the 2 small children that were not supervised and while they were cute it got rather old having them at our table with messy hands everywhere on everything.  Then, it became necessary for the manager to remove all the condiments that they kept on a rolling cart with shelves as these children decided it was the thing to do to lick them all.  At that point we were just glad to leave and have not been back.  I know ... Scrooge, right?  Sorry.

• Thanks 3

Not scrooge at all to me, Wookie. Ambience is half the thing when trying to enjoy a meal. And while we all like kids (even sometimes someone else's), they are not to be allowed to run roughshod in all settings. So if they were the owners', that says a lot to me. Wonder what it must be like in the kitchen. I'll post in a minute my recent experience with Pasta Trente.

• Like 1

I don't use condiments so if the kids were licking them, it's someone else's problem. But, if that is the hygiene of the place, I think that its location ought to be substantially behind Mirasol, maybe about 3 or 4 miles behind!

Let me be clear.  These were not the children of the owners are the staff.  They were customers that let their kids run wild.  As soon as the staff knew the children had licked the condiments they removed them ... some had to be thrown out and others were able to be cleaned ... which they proceeded to do while we were there.  The place was plenty clean and the owners and staff handled the situation the best they could without asking a large party of about 10 or 12 to leave.

• Like 1