Chapala.com Webboard

Scooters are great and economical... and would have loved to have one when we had the gas shortage a few months ago.

I had a Vespa when I was a kid and loved it. Now, if I were inclined to buy a scooter I would probably go with Honda, because of their quality. (I had a Honda 750F Supersport that lasted years... and when I sold it, it was running as well as when I first bought it.) I drive a Honda CRV (SUV) and love it. Just real high quality manufacturing.

I have been a Harley guy for years now and have a '79 Superglide... mostly out of nostalgia, but like I said above, would have loved having a scooter, too.

We use a scooter daily in San Miguel where there are no traffic lights, thankfully. We have done so for years including at lakeside when we lived there. Ours is a Yamaha NMAX..... 155 cc; 15 horsepower (most are about 9HP when this size of motor) ; 13" wheels for topes; dual disc brakes; anti-lock brakes stop the wheels from locking; large under seat capacity. We have owned several scooters and Yamaha, Suzuki and Honda are superior to most others.

• Like 1