Chapala.com Webboard

WIFI TV 7000 channels

I have a friend who just got the necessary whatever for these 7000 channels, but as of yet, has not tried it. He said he was a little overwhelmed with the concept of having so many channels to choose from.

Just now, johanson said:

I have a friend who just got the necessary whatever for these 7000 channels, but as of yet, has not tried it. He said he was a little overwhelmed with the concept of having so many channels to choose from.

I guess most people,  me included, would feel trying to handle that number is beyond our comprehension..I would be happy with 10% of that number

Just now, lakeside7 said:

I guess most people,  me included, would feel trying to handle that number is beyond our comprehension..I would be happy with 10% of that number

Or even 1% or 2%

What I find daunting is the concept of so many channels loudly trying to sell products or culture that I am no longer interested in. I don't think I will ever have the patience again to withstand television commercials. I know your brain goes into a sort of coma so you just ignore them, but I don't think that is healthy either.

• Like 3

Tried my iptv on Ilox and it was a no go. I believe you have to contact Ilox and have them do something for you. Not sure if there will be a loss of speed if/when they do their thing? 

My iptv works fine on Telmex. I'm getting 9 to 10 Mbps.

51 minutes ago, Out1 said:

SoxFan; I think you need to contact Ilox and have them give you a public IP address rather than the private IP address they assign at setup.

Contact "noc@mail.ilox.mx".

Curious if anyone has lost any speed or performance from going with the public IP?

For my business i have got ilox to change about 25 customers to public ip. No noticeable change in speed, however in about 5 cases the change still blocks some iptv services. No idea why. Tom kessler has various theories and is most helpful and knowledgeable.

For my service telmex at 5 mbps is sufficient. Free demo.

It's easy Camille if you have an HDMI port in your computer and also one on the back of your television. Then you just buy whatever length of HDMI to HDMI cable you need at Steren's. Check to see. If you only have USB ports then there is an adapter that is also available at Steren's.

There are other ways but I know nothing about them because I follow the KISS theory.

To reply to the original post, I have used a few IPTV services in the past and am currently using MyWiFi TV. It meets my needs very nicely and am very happy with it. 

The service includes all hardware, programming of the hardware and custom installation (which provides a complete explanation of how to use the program). There is no charge for the installation nor for the hardware. The monthly fee depends on the package you wish. I believe there are currently 4 levels depending on the number of groups you choose.

As far as usage, one need not scroll thru 7000 channels! They are grouped by geographical area and by content no matter how many channels you have. You also may wish, for example, Canadian, US, and British channels only. You can eliminate all of the others when you sign up or really any time afterwards. You can add any group later if you want. 

As to content, I personally have yet to discover any channel that is missing! 

One caveat, which is true of all of the IPTV services, is that live streaming may at times buffer (be interrupted). There are many causes for this and not for discussion here. I have had this service for 1.5 years. That included getting it thru first Telmex, then Telcel and now ILOX. It was OK with Telmex (average of 7 meg down), better with Telcel (ave. of 10 down) and excellent with ILOX ( 70 down). By better, I mean less buffering. Providing content via internet is in its infancy and there are (and will be) growing pains.

I am not affiliated with the provider of any IPTV service including MyWiFi TV.

FYI

Streams For Us New Application Available

Streams For Us is one of the most affordable IPTV services available on the Internet today and many of you have started using it.

They charge only $7 per month and offer over 8,500 live channels in HD. Plus, this standard plan includes 2 connections, which means you can use their service on two devices simultaneously.

They recently released their new XCIPTV App and we've updated our instructions for how to install this on the tutorial page linked below.

If you've been using their service, more than likely you're streaming with their IPTV Smarters branded application and this is what most IPTV providers offer.

Their new application provides a nice looking interface with all of the features that you would come to expect such as multi-screen, catch-up, etc.

You can install both of these applications on the same device and then use the one that you like best.

They are currently running a promotion for 35% off if you purchase their 4 Device package but this expires at midnight on Saturday evening. The link for that discount is in the tutorial that I'm linking to below.

Streams For Us Tutorial

📢 No IPTV service is 100% reliable and there are problems from time-to-time. I personally subscribe to two different services and enjoy 100% "up-time". Sportz TV is my other preferred choice when it comes to IPTV.

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 11:52 AM, NLU said:

Streams For Us Tutorial

📢 No IPTV service is 100% reliable and there are problems from time-to-time. I personally subscribe to two different services and enjoy 100% "up-time". Sportz TV is my other preferred choice when it comes to IPTV.

This sounds as if it requires firestick or some such other device using a remote control. Is this correct? I presently use a laptop only as my device and connect to TV via HDMI. I use the mouse to select shows. Can this software be used in this fashion?

I have never paid for more than one. You can get around that silliness merely by asking. But moreover, Shaw is a huge, publicly-traded satellite and cable outfit, who's programming doesn't stutter, or rely on some spurious subscription company cobbled together by unknown qualifiers.