Chapala.com Webboard

How to get rid of unusable refrigerator?

How to get rid of 2 old and unusable refigerators and 1 big old metallic satellite dish?...                Thanks for your ideas.

Leave them on your cub and they will be either sold for scrap, repaired and re-used, or repurposed. Not much goes to waste here. My trash cans are always being fished through.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, PNR1 said:

If you leave on curb, block the fridge doors so kids can't climb inside and suffocate.

How would you block a door to keep out curious children? Removing the door is the only really safe way.

• Like 3

Where were you two weeks ago when I needed that number bmh? Jaja. I was never at home when he passed by so finally had to put a note on the garage door asking that he call me. He did, yes that's the #, and he took away my dead 20 year old dryer the following day. (That, by the way, is a truck that patrols Ajijic. Not sure if there are different trucks in different towns.)

• Haha 1

Well blame the thread Ja ja .. because of it I remember I should ask for the number and when I saw the truck this morning in town I finally got it.. Now weall have it.. I saw this truck by the Ajjic plaza so I assume he does Ajijic but you never know..

• Haha 1

On 7/3/2019 at 12:50 PM, bmh said:

Ok I saw the truck that pcks up old appliances mattresses etc, I ask the young man for his phone number It is Enrique 333 457 8469

Thanks! :)  I will call him! 

2 hours ago, Aquaponicsman said:

Put it outside with a For Sale (Se Vende)  $2000 pesos sign on it and someone will steal it within an hour. Problem solved.

The third person responding to this post said, “Leave them on your curb and they will be either sold for scrap, repaired and re-used, or repurposed. Not much goes to waste here. My trash cans are always being fished through.”  

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 6:12 AM, ea93105 said:

Leave them on your cub and they will be either sold for scrap, repaired and re-used, or repurposed. Not much goes to waste here. My trash cans are always being fished through.

This made me laugh because it's so true about the fished cans. We had a microwave that caught on fire. I stuck it out for the garbagemen and put a sign on it in Spanish and English that said it was dangerous, etc. It was gone in less than 20 minutes -- and we live at the end of a cul-de-sac!

It's closed storage whether it's plugged in or not. ;)

When we replaced our refrigerator in San Miguel, we offered the old one to our housekeeper. It wasn't really old but I wanted a larger freezer space with a separate door. She was ecstatic. One day, I asked her how the fridge was working and she told me that it made too much noise in a small house with no windows. She said she loved it because it kept critters (four legged) out of her food supply in her open to the air kitchen.

One person's junk is another person's treasure.