Chapala.com Webboard

Where is Aduana?

Herman

I realize things may have changed BUT, I believe that you do NOT have to go to Aduana to finalize a car permit (TIP) that you received at the border when you entered Mexico. Your TIP is valid as long as your immigration status is valid.

2 hours ago, Ferret said:

I realize things may have changed BUT, I believe that you do NOT have to go to Aduana to finalize a car permit (TIP) that you received at the border when you entered Mexico. Your TIP is valid as long as your immigration status is valid.

To not forfeit your deposit ADUANA needs the owner of the car's updated INM status. If the deposit isn't important then you are correct. "Finalize" is the wrong word, I assume.

5 hours ago, Ferret said:

I beg to differ.....I think.  If one got a TIP when entering with their application to become a Temporal, that TIP is given a 30-day life just like your Temporal paperwork. INM and Aduana do not 'talk' to each afterwards.... at least that is how it has been; maybe they are now sharing that database but I've heard no one testify to that fact.

So after one visits INM to get their Temporal application finished one SHOULD visit Aduana with that Temporal paperwork to make sure they tie the two together. Failing to do so will at least guarantee that one will not preserve their deposit but 'may' even cause the vehicle to be classified as illegal once the 30-day period is up. 

IMO in less the procedures have changed in the last year, one's TIP is only valid as long as your immigration status is valid pertains to a TIP that has gone through the above procedure.

.....but then it is Mexico and who knows what any one given Agency is doing/will do vis a vie another Agency at any given time. 

Okay. Things may have changed then. Can anyone answer the OP's question as to WHERE in the Guadalajara airport Aduana is located so he can go there AFTER he has finalized his paperwork with INM?

And, for the record, I think the old system of FM3 then FM2 and then Inmigrado was more logical. It meant that you could come in on a six month visa and apply "in country" for the FM3 when you had determined that you liked it and wanted to live here permanently. Just mho.

2 hours ago, Ferret said:

Okay. Things may have changed then. Can anyone answer the OP's question as to WHERE in the Guadalajara airport Aduana is located so he can go there AFTER he has finalized his paperwork with INM?

And, for the record, I think the old system of FM3 then FM2 and then Inmigrado was more logical. It meant that you could come in on a six month visa and apply "in country" for the FM3 when you had determined that you liked it and wanted to live here permanently. Just mho.

And the new system you mentioned - Nov.9th, 2012, is used Worldwide to screen potential immigrants and if they are not accepted by the country they want to immigrate to they are not already "in" that country and therefore could not stay there illegally - criminals - wanted - undesirables - not enough income - mentally ill - etc. - whereas if they apply in their country and are rejected they are in their own country. Makes more sense than than paying to hunt down and deporting those not wanted. Simple to understand why the 2011 SEGOB  INM Law did this.

4 hours ago, AlanMexicali said:

And the new system you mentioned - Nov.9th, 2012, is used Worldwide to screen potential immigrants and if they are not accepted by the country they want to immigrate to they are not already "in" that country and therefore could not stay there illegally - criminals - wanted - undesirables - not enough income - mentally ill - etc. - whereas if they apply in their country and are rejected they are in their own country. Makes more sense than than paying to hunt down and deporting those not wanted. Simple to understand why the 2011 SEGOB  INM Law did this.

Anybody can still come into the country on a six month visa... and disappear.

12 hours ago, Ferret said:

18 hours ago, Ferret said:

17 hours ago, AlanMexicali said:

12 hours ago, Ferret said:

Except everyone in all 195 countries Worldwide can't be checked out once inside Mexico by the INM as easily as they can by the Mexican Embassy "inside" any of these 195 countries to check what the prospective immigrant provides to the staff who know that country's systems. Criminal checks also would be faster.

Also if they weren't interested in immigratiing and wanted to become an illegal in Mexico some couldn't qualify for a FMM tourist card either to enter at a point of entry. Simple to understand why countries Worldwide do this. IMO

What are the qualifications for an FMM tourist card? Other than filling it out to state what your intentions are... which can easily change. I know that, if caught, you can be deported but I knew people who did this and were living quite happily illegally and not drawing undue attention to themselves.

Every country has its own requirements for entry by tourists. Some are rather open, while others are rather restrictive, and may require an actual visa, from a consulate, to enter as a visitor for a limited period of time. Mexico asks few questions. The USA may run folks through the proverbial wringer.

• Like 1

All my clients go to Aduana twice. Once right after going to INM to start or renew a visa and again when visa is issued. If you do not go your deposit is lost. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had a local lawyer handle all my immigration paperwork and regarding our TIP was told that they would also update the INM. Therefore we would not have to go there to do this. I have also been told that there is an online publicly accessible database that allows you to check that status of your TIP. Can anyone help me verify and find this?

Thank you

5 minutes ago, ChicagOntarian said:

I had a local lawyer handle all my immigration paperwork and regarding our TIP was told that they would also update the INM. Therefore we would not have to go there to do this. I have also been told that there is an online publicly accessible database that allows you to check that status of your TIP. Can anyone help me verify and find this?

Thank you

8 hours ago, Sonia said:

All my clients go to Aduana twice. Once right after going to INM to start or renew a visa and again when visa is issued. If you do not go your deposit is lost. 

Updating INM and receiving a visa or visa renewal does not get Aduana updated, you must get that done afterwards. Heed Sonia's word.