Chapala.com Webboard

Itchy Dog Even After Bath, Flea Collar, & Topical Tick Application

On 7/1/2019 at 5:06 PM, miss.gypsea said:

Hi Everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone could provide some insight for me? 

I've got a dog I'm watching after who won't stop scratching, and I'm feeling really bad for him.

2 days ago I took him on a short mountain walk, but we stayed on trail - so I'm not sure if that is related or not. He also takes 3 walks a day and does like to roll in grass.

Yesterday I bathed him and put a flea collar on him, which didn't help his itching. Then this morning I found 1 tick on his head so I took him to the vet and got a topical tick medicine applied. I haven't found any other ticks on him.

I've analyzed the areas he's going after even under a flashlight and I don't see ticks or fleas, but I did just find 1 clear/white ish looking thing on his fur, his fur is black. But this is the only one I've seen. I've really been looking at him and I don't see anything but clearly something is driving him quite crazy.

Does anyone have any ideas of what this could be and/or what I could use to help him? I'm not from the area so I am not familiar with the local pests that might pester a dog!

I believe I did just see one almost microscopic white thing jump off his fur when I was combing through it, if that helps to determine what it is.

Thank you :)

I hear ads for a product called Dinobite that might work. Could be a nutrition issue

49 minutes ago, Michael Ray said:

I hear ads for a product called Dinobite that might work. Could be a nutrition issue

Interesting.  I just took one of ours to two different vets for the same issue.  Her problem may be food allergies as there were no signs of bites.  I have purchased the special food for a dog with skin problems and there is improvement after just two or three days.