Chapala.com Webboard

SEARCHING FOR TRAVEL LUGGAGE

I am soon going to make 10 different flights overseas and I cannot find substantial luggage with castors that swivel 360 degrees. I have found some in stores like Soriana and Walmart but they are so flimsy that I wouldn't trust my belongings in them. Ten separate flights means that the baggage handlers have 20 chances to mangle the luggage.  😉  I need luggage with strong sides to them so that as they are thrown around they can maintain their strength. I do not have a car so I can't just visit all the bazaars or stores along the carretera and I have searched stores in Guadalajara. I know that there are high end stores and I have visited many but everything seems to have cheap collapsing sides that do not look like they can take a beating. Does anyone know where I can purchase things like this and fanny packs or, better yet, ankle pockets? I have checked the Guadalajara airport and I cannot even find them there. I have also been searching for them in Zacatecas and other Mexican cities to  no avail. Perhaps someone has seen something and direct me to the right place?

Liverpool. We bought a large Samsonite for $3000.00 pesos before our trip. The quality makes manoeuring around subways, sidewalks much easier than cheap luggage I saw people struggling with. It is not worth the pain in the a@@ to buy low end for your long journey in my opinion. Don't buy the hard plastic sided because on our trip I saw many with caved in corners and bowed in sides. Airlines are brutal with check in luggage at times.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2019 at 3:13 AM, Monessen said:

I am soon going to make 10 different flights overseas and I cannot find substantial luggage with castors that swivel 360 degrees. I have found some in stores like Soriana and Walmart but they are so flimsy that I wouldn't trust my belongings in them. Ten separate flights means that the baggage handlers have 20 chances to mangle the luggage.  😉  I need luggage with strong sides to them so that as they are thrown around they can maintain their strength. I do not have a car so I can't just visit all the bazaars or stores along the carretera and I have searched stores in Guadalajara. I know that there are high end stores and I have visited many but everything seems to have cheap collapsing sides that do not look like they can take a beating. Does anyone know where I can purchase things like this and fanny packs or, better yet, ankle pockets? I have checked the Guadalajara airport and I cannot even find them there. I have also been searching for them in Zacatecas and other Mexican cities to  no avail. Perhaps someone has seen something and direct me to the right place?

I know that I'm a firm believer in luggage straps and if and where possible... wrapping the whole thing in plastic film, not pretty, but it really does keep it together. 😉