Chapala.com Webboard

A really GREAT!!! article by Spencer from 2015, however

it's different than what my attorneys said, at least on one point.

Spencer talked about a trial/hearing/witnesses, but I am told that doesn't happen here, it's all on paper. Now maybe Spencer was talking about a divorce case or some other summary proceedings, I don't know.

Maybe Spencer can clear up the point.

• Sad 2

Maybe you should be making an appointment to speak with him. Just as most reputable news outlets don't try a case in their publications, etc. it's best not to try and resolve specific legal cases on web boards. Best of luck and remember that threads that old are best not resurrected.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Eric Blair said:

it's different than what my attorneys said, at least on one point.

Spencer talked about a trial/hearing/witnesses, but I am told that doesn't happen here, it's all on paper. Now maybe Spencer was talking about a divorce case or some other summary proceedings, I don't know.

Maybe Spencer can clear up the point.

You want Spencer to (for free) “clear up a point” from an article he posted (for free) four years ago to help you better understand something your attorney said? So you want a second opinion for free?

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

The laws have changed and the courts here now have what gringos know as a court system with witnesses and attorneys directly asking questions.  The court rooms have had to be rebuilt and judges and attorneys trained on the new system.  Jalisco has been kind of slow to get this accomplished.

3 hours ago, Xena said:

You want Spencer to (for free) “clear up a point” from an article he posted (for free) four years ago to help you better understand something your attorney said? So you want a second opinion for free?

That´s because the inquirer is "CLUELESS"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

13 hours ago, slainte39 said:

That´s because the inquirer is "CLUELESS"

Aha!  Light dawns on marble head!  Thanks for making the connection slainte, lol

15 hours ago, Yo1 said:

The laws have changed and the courts here now have what gringos know as a court system with witnesses and attorneys directly asking questions.  The court rooms have had to be rebuilt and judges and attorneys trained on the new system.  Jalisco has been kind of slow to get this accomplished.

The niece of my wife is a U.S. Attorney with the government. About 3-4 years ago she came to Mexico on some kind of a program to assist the Mexican Judiciary in setting up  a similar system to the U.S. That was up north, maybe Tijuana.

Yes, it was an old thread and I was looking for perspective and maybe to clear a point for someone else who might read it, not notice the date and think that's the case.

"Free advice?" I don't ask for it and I know two attorneys locally who will give me advice if I need it. The last time I asked Spencer for his thoughts on something, he told me to make an appointment to talk to him, and it would then cost me $800.

Any of you who know the story of Spencer and I might understand why I wouldn't ask Spencer for advice.

And save the snarky comments, I ignore them. Go to TOB where you can say/do pretty much anything you want.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

Any of you who know the story of Spencer and I might understand why I wouldn't ask Spencer for advice.”

We who know the story also understand why Spencer said if you want to talk to him make an appointment and pay him. 

• Like 2