Chapala.com Webboard

Walmart-check your receipt, check your change

I was there yesterday and and the check out lady has a sign pinned on her "Soy me Amable" (friendly, kind)  She was anything but friendly or kind.  First of all she has an attitude and she kept walking away from our check out stand, causing us to wait for her to come back and she charged us for apples instead of tomatoes that were on sale and also charged us for mangoes instead of potatoes that were on sale, making the cost more than it should have been as we did not buy mangoes or apples. She also over charged us for the lettuce we bought.  As she passed the items over the code scanner she threw the items down to the end of the counter where they are bagged to go.  It is a good thing we didn't have eggs or they would have been scrambled.

Since we were over charged we had to go to customer counter.  There were 2 other people at the counter who also had been charged incorrectly to Walmarts  favor.  It took a while to get our overcharged changed back but we got it.  So be aware when you shop there.  the "error" is never in your favor.

I'll  go you one better.

A few months ago, I opted to taking $2,000.00 cash from my MultiVa account. Stupid me, I walked away w/o the $$.  I went back the same day and said I forgot my $2,000.00. She just reached UNDER THE COUNTER and gave it to me.

Yesterday, I did the same thing, walked off w/o the money. Went back and the checker didn't remember. Got a manager. I didn't have my receipt but lucky for me, I WhatsApped my wife and told her to take a picture of the receipt and send it to me. She did. I showed it to the manager.

He wasn't sure what to do, so I said he should balance the cash in the drawer against the receipts. He did that. Took about 10-minutes.

Turned to me and gave me $2,000.00 and a "Sorry" look.

EOS

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Eric Blair said:

I'll  go you one better.

A few months ago, I opted to taking $2,000.00 cash from my MultiVa account. Stupid me, I walked away w/o the $$.  I went back the same day and said I forgot my $2,000.00. She just reached UNDER THE COUNTER and gave it to me.

Yesterday, I did the same thing, walked off w/o the money. Went back and the checker didn't remember. Got a manager. I didn't have my receipt but lucky for me, I WhatsApped my wife and told her to take a picture of the receipt and send it to me. She did. I showed it to the manager.

He wasn't sure what to do, so I said he should balance the cash in the drawer against the receipts. He did that. Took about 10-minutes.

Turned to me and gave me $2,000.00 and a "Sorry" look.

EOS

I see nothing wrong with how they handled it.

• Like 3

A few weeks ago we bought one cucumber.  When we got home we noticed we were charged for over 4 kilos of cucumbers, over 60 pesos for one cucumber.  Unfortunately, we could not go back with our one cucumber and get a refund as we had no proof that we only bought one, so check your receipt !!

• Sad 1

Check your items, yesterday I got home without 2 items I had paid for.  Where did they go?  Probably in the bag of the person ahead of as the bagers are always running behind and the checkers just keep tossing things at them

I'm not sure the scanner reads out the name of the item you are buying, just the price.  Soy Amable looked at the tomatoes and put a code in for apples, and looked at the potatoes and put in the code for mangoes. Both of those items were more expensive then the tomatoes and potatoes we were buying.  

Anyway, just be aware and check things at check out.

And NEVER trust the shelf price. Not only are items moved, but often  there is a price change but the old price on the shelf is not changed. If in doubt, use a scanner around the store or ask "Priceo" and you will get a scan showing the price to be charged.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Eric Blair said:

Nothing wrong, Just a story and caution,

I was confused by how you responded to a post talking about being treated rudely and overcharged. You began your post with, “I’ll go you one better” as though you had been treated even worse. Hence my comment.

1 hour ago, Eric Blair said:

Just meaning something different. Maybe the wrong wording. Semantics are not relevant to this thread. Sorry for the error.

Semantics are important when you meant to caution about not leaving your withdrawal in the ATM but it sounds as though you are accusing the store of wrongdoing because of how you word your post. Thank you for acknowledging your error. It is appreciated.