Chapala.com Webboard

[HELP] Renewing temporary resident visa (didn't register change of address)

Gavo

Hello all--

I am in the process of applying for renewal of my temporary residency in Mexico.

However, I changed addresses about 5 months ago but never registered that with the gov here in Mexico. 

Will I be able to renew my residency under these circumstances? Or would my application be rejected because i have not registered my new address within the 90 day time frame allowed?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Gavo

51 minutes ago, Yo1 said:

Obviously, don't tell them when you moved.  Tell them it was last month or something.

heyo--thanks, yo. i think i call pull that off. but i still have to renew my visa within 30 days and the change of address process takes up to 90 days or something. so i'm curious if they will reject my residency renewal application because i haven't completed the address tramite. i suppose as long as it's been initiated they may not have a problem with it. fxxxing bureaucracy is heavy here. appreciate your response.

1 hour ago, Gavo said:

heyo--thanks, yo. i think i call pull that off. but i still have to renew my visa within 30 days and the change of address process takes up to 90 days or something. so i'm curious if they will reject my residency renewal application because i haven't completed the address tramite. i suppose as long as it's been initiated they may not have a problem with it. fxxxing bureaucracy is heavy here. appreciate your response.

Change of address at your INM office takes about 3 working days and is no charge. Fill out the "tramite" form to change address on their "Tramites" webpage. Print it out and bring it into their office and have a bill with your current address - original and a copy. CFE bill can be in your landlord's name. They don't even want to see lease agreements - they tend to believe you when I have helped friends at the INM office. There is no area on the form for your old address - they have it. They ask for the complete new address and the date you moved there. The bill you take in needs to be within the last 90 days. Very easy.

If you renew and change addresses at the same time I see no problem. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlanMexicali said:

Change of address at your INM office takes about 3 working days and is no charge. Fill out the "tramite" form to change address on their "Tramites" webpage. Print it out and bring it into their office and have a bill with your current address - original and a copy. CFE bill can be in your landlord's name. They don't even want to see lease agreements - they tend to believe you when I have helped friends at the INM office. There is no area on the form for your old address - they have it. They ask for the complete new address and the date you moved there. The bill you take in needs to be within the last 90 days. Very easy.

If you renew and change addresses at the same time I see no problem. 

so here's the problem: i was out of the country for a few weeks and came back with only one week to renew my residency. Friday is the last day. So if I go tomorrow (wednesday) it's still possible that they'll accept both at the same time? si llego con lana creo que no habra ninguna bronca pero no se. thoughts? thanks for your feedback.

You should go 3 to 4 days before the expiration date. Don't wait. It might be you simply tell them you moved and I am here to renew my RT visa. They can renew it for 1, 2, or 3 years. You tell them what you want. Fill out the online "tramite" to renew and print it out. Go in now and don't worry about you moving - it is no big deal to them. If you wait until the last day on Fri. ( some of them they don't like that kind of thing - slack attitude - The INM stuff isn't very important to me ) and you don't give them what they need to start the "tramite" you might be requested to start over again when you come back on Monday - 3 days late.

4 hours ago, AlanMexicali said:

You should go 3 to 4 days before the expiration date. Don't wait. It might be you simply tell them you moved and I am here to renew my RT visa. They can renew it for 1, 2, or 3 years. You tell them what you want. Fill out the online "tramite" to renew and print it out. Go in now and don't worry about you moving - it is no big deal to them. If you wait until the last day on Fri. ( some of them they don't like that kind of thing - slack attitude - The INM stuff isn't very important to me ) and you don't give them what they need to start the "tramite" you might be requested to start over again when you come back on Monday - 3 days late.

good advice. thanks man. i'm gonna take your suggestion and run with it. very much appreciated!

You do both processes at same time, a renewal and a change of address. You may do both up to and including the day of expiration. 

https://www.facebook.com/www.soniadiaz.mx/

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Sonia said:

You do both processes at same time, a renewal and a change of address. You may do both up to and including the day of expiration. 

https://www.facebook.com/www.soniadiaz.mx/

thanks! i found that out today at INM. Having a challenge combining both tramites into one form on their website. But I'll keep digging and surely I'll find the way forward. Much appreciated, Sonia.

4 hours ago, Gavo said:

thanks! i found that out today at INM. Having a challenge combining both tramites into one form on their website. But I'll keep digging and surely I'll find the way forward. Much appreciated, Sonia.

https://www.gob.mx/tramites/ficha/notificacion-de-cambios-al-inm-por-parte-de-extranjeros-residentes/INM829

Two seperate "tramite" online forms filled out and printed to take in. Also a letter stating you moved from where to where.

Google Translation:

" Present Required documents 

Letter signed by the foreign person, in which under protest to tell the truth, state, the change of civil status, name, nationality, new address or place of work, expressly indicating the previous and the new state or data that corresponds. In case of dual citizenship you must indicate it and the one that must be considered for registration and stay in national territory."

5 hours ago, AlanMexicali said:

https://www.gob.mx/tramites/ficha/notificacion-de-cambios-al-inm-por-parte-de-extranjeros-residentes/INM829

Two seperate "tramite" online forms filled out and printed to take in. Also a letter stating you moved from where to where.

Google Translation:

" Present Required documents 

Letter signed by the foreign person, in which under protest to tell the truth, state, the change of civil status, name, nationality, new address or place of work, expressly indicating the previous and the new state or data that corresponds. In case of dual citizenship you must indicate it and the one that must be considered for registration and stay in national territory."

awesome, thanks for the link