Chapala.com Webboard

Women's Underwear Police

It is funny that Eddie Izzard is not a transvestite, transgender, or even gay. He found that "dressing up" made him more comfortable and confident on stage. When the Frenchman in Paris asks if he is transvestite, he says "um er - more like an executive transvestite. He says there are no stand-up comedians in France.Is that true?

20 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

It is funny that Eddie Izzard is not a transvestite, transgender, or even gay. He found that "dressing up" made him more comfortable and confident on stage. When the Frenchman in Paris asks if he is transvestite, he says "um er - more like an executive transvestite. He says there are no stand-up comedians in France.Is that true?

Not sure where you're sourcing your info, but according to Wikipedia he's transgender:

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Eddie_Izzard

Izzard is transgender,[74] identifying as "somewhat boy-ish and somewhat girl-ish".[4] When asked what pronouns he prefers, Izzard said "either 'he' or 'she.'"[75] In the past, Izzard identified as a transvestite, and he has also called himself "a lesbian trapped in a man's body"[76] and "a complete boy plus half girl".[77] Izzard started to publicly identify as transvestite in venues such as the Edinburgh Festival as early as 1992.[78][79] His stance is that the way he dresses is neither part of his performance nor a sexual fetish. He said "I don’t call it drag; I don’t even call it cross-dressing. It’s just wearing a dress...It’s not about artifice. It’s about me just expressing myself."[80] He remarks in his show Unrepeatable that "women wear what they want and so do I". He has expressed a belief that being transgender is caused by genetics and that someday this will be scientifically proven, having gone so far as to have his own genome sequenced.[81]

Jerry Lewis for example? Marcel Marceau?

You have to very careful listening to what Eddie says about himself, he is a trickster and a shapeshifter, part of his appeal I guess. He is also a marathon runner, completing 27 marathons in South Africa as a tribute to Nelson Mandela. Or did he?