Chapala.com Webboard

AMAZON ORDERS MEXICO DELIVERY

NEED to order and receive at Mexico residence

First time

Can I use my U.S. Amazon account or will I need a Mexico Amazon account?

Can I use a U.S. credit card.  I do not have Mexico credit card

Is delivery to Mexico reliable?  Customs delays?

Some Items not allowed for order/delivery in Mexico?

Electronics for example.  Need stereo tuner and window alarms

What delivery service(FEDEX?, etc.?) is used here in Mexico?

Home address delivery in Lakeside?

Thanks for assisting me .🙂

I had a US Amazon Prime account but when I relocated back to Lakeside I switched to Amazon Mexico.  Can't say enough good things about them.  Prime is two day delivery max.  Some things that come from the US take longer.  I use a US credit card.  I'm not sure who the delivery people are but I live in Chula Vista and have ordered maybe four or five items from Amazon Mexico with ZERO problem or delay.  They are very good about emailing you with the status of your order or you can go online and check on it.  Highly recommend.

Guest English Rose
3 hours ago, bojackson said:

I had a US Amazon Prime account but when I relocated back to Lakeside I switched to Amazon Mexico.  Can't say enough good things about them.  Prime is two day delivery max.  Some things that come from the US take longer.  I use a US credit card.  I'm not sure who the delivery people are but I live in Chula Vista and have ordered maybe four or five items from Amazon Mexico with ZERO problem or delay.  They are very good about emailing you with the status of your order or you can go online and check on it.  Highly recommend.

I use .com and .com.mx quite often and have had good service. I am seldom in a hurry so normal delivery is usually 5 days or less unless they tell you it might be delayed because it is not in stock yet. I use my home address and if I am not home they take it to DHL in Ajijic or Mailboxes where I can pick it up. You can now use whichever currency you want charged to your credit card. I use 2 cards, one for my Mx address and another for when I send to NOB.

If I can find what I want in .com.mx, I order from there but you have to read and understand what you are paying for. An Item may cost $120p and then next to that they will say + $300p for import fees. Check and see if you can get it thru .com. They will tell you if it ships to here and estimate the fees. If they over charge in their fees they will credit it back to your card....even for just a few cents.

Amazon.com has a much better selection and many times I wonder why they don't at .co.mx. There have been times both will have an item and it will be cheaper thru .com, including fees and shipping. Go figure!

I have a US account, not-prime anymore, and I have recently ordered specialty parts only available from the US site.  It took about 10-14 days and cost about $6 shipping (depending on items ordered, of course). No problem with delivery. I think the guy was driving a PakMail (?) truck.

Amazon would not let me join amazon.mx  Prime due to (IIRC, I think the error page said) it wouldn't accept a credit card with a US address. This is probably due it to Prime being cheaper here and me previously having US Prime.

Couple of hints. First set up a US Amazon account with a credit or debit card. Then you can use Amazon US OR Amazon Mexico just by logging in. Enter your Mexican shipping address when setting up the account. If you use Amazon US, click the International Shipping option in the left hand menu. Watch the data in the right hand column to be sure it says 'ships to Ajijic'. If it does not, choose a different vendor or item.

Shipping is fast, usually about a week, and super fast from Amazon Mexico. I have ordered a variety of items and only had a problem once with an over the counter medicine, and that was many years ago. I think Amazon has pretty well figured out what they can and cannot get thru customs. If an item won't ship to Mexico and I can't find an alternative, I use Sol y Luna (where I have an account). Paul can get nearly anything through and if he can't, he will tell you ahead of time.

I use both and have had great experiences each time. It's great that the customs charges are included and if they overcharge you, you'll be refunded the difference. Even better, the items usually arrive earlier than expected. Yes, things cost a bit more than in the US, but it's still cheaper than trying to buy it local.

I use .com and .com.mx, have Prime on both, use a USA debit card on both, and delivery can be as fast as overnight or as slow as 8-10 days.  Nothing has gone missing and the service on either is terrific, typical Amazon.

10 minutes ago, tomgates said:

When you have a US Amazon account, and then open a Mex account, all the delivery addresses and payment methods migrate to the Mexican account. 

Duplicated, not migrated.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Amazon lies. I ordered pants and a shirt early last week. They said to expect delivery by July 1. Both arrived last Friday. I use my nursing home for my delivery address it is off the beaten path as the saying goes but manned 24/7 so there is always someone always there to sign.

• Haha 1

I use both Amazon Mexico and Amazon USA and always check items on I want on both sites.  My experience has been that items on the Mexico site that show being shipped in from the states are more expensive than ordering from the US site.  As an example, a pet urn was $35 dollars on the US site and the exact same product was $3500 pesos on the Mexico site.  Also, some items on the US site are not always for delivery to Mexico but if you keep checking that can change.   

I deliver to our home in Ajijic as we have 24 hours guards who sign for the packages.   FYI - Amazon USA tells when your package is out for delivery and shows how many stops away it is from your home.  

• 10 months later...
On 6/24/2019 at 9:11 AM, Curmudgeon said:

Just to clarify, there is no such thing as an "Amazon US" or   "Amazon MX" account. You have an account with Amazon, period. You can use it on either website, along with it's attendant shipping addresses and payment methods.

Yes, but the Prime accounts are different costing much less here.  Also the "free shipping" available in the US will not work for international shipments.

49 minutes ago, TooMuchCoffee said:

Yes, but the Prime accounts are different costing much less here.  Also the "free shipping" available in the US will not work for international shipments.

Just to clarify, there is no such thing as an "Amazon US" or   "Amazon MX" account. You have an account with Amazon, period. You can use it on either website, along with it's attendant shipping addresses and payment methods.

NOT TRUE

Actually I have an Amazon US account. I also have a  Amazon Mexico account . I have Prime on my Mexican account. .  So you certainly can have both.  My Mexican prime is far cheaper than the US prime account. 

I can watch Prime in Mexico and when visiting USA  it works with US Prime viewing content.    

• Like 1

We use both but I find Amazon Mexico, while having very good and cheap delivery, does not have the variety the U.S. version does and the prices are often a great deal higher.  For example I recently bought one of those LED pool lights.  It was nearly half the price on Amazon U.S. and the Priority World Shipping option worked  fantastic.  Then I ordered replacement mirrors for my moto (the others were stolen) from the U.S. and they had them here in 3.5 days.  

Handymail provides shipping receiving as part of their mailbox service.

Because I live in a gated community I have all my Amazon shipments delivered to ishop..That way I don’t miss the delivery guy.  They charge 30 peso per item. If you include you’re phone number in the address Ishop will call you as soon as they get you’re shipment.

On 5/11/2020 at 3:55 PM, Mostlylost said:

NOT TRUE

Actually I have an Amazon US account. I also have a  Amazon Mexico account . I have Prime on my Mexican account. .  So you certainly can have both.  My Mexican prime is far cheaper than the US prime account. 

I can watch Prime in Mexico and when visiting USA  it works with US Prime viewing content.    

Actually it is true. With my Amazon account, I can choose too get Prime from either US or Mexico, but not both. I use a single account to order from both the US and Mexico.

If course you can open two accounts with them if you like.

3 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

Actually it is true. With my Amazon account, I can choose too get Prime from either US or Mexico, but not both. I use a single account to order from both the US and Mexico.

If course you can open two accounts with them if you like.

Actually I had prime with my US account, at the same time as my Mexico account had prime.  Because I don't order enough product for US delivery it was a waste of money to keep the US prime. When I  can access US prime video content with my Mexican prime account

On 6/24/2019 at 9:11 AM, Curmudgeon said:

That is true.  However, when it comes to Amazon Prime, the Amazon Prime benefits if on a US account, will not extend to the Amazon Mexico website.  To have those benefits in both US and Mexico, you would have to pay two Prime yearly fees.

Dagotee - I try to see if I can find what I want from .com.mx first and check to see its not noted as an importation.   Then I compare with amazon US and buy on US credit card.    I also check mercadolibre mexico, also set up with us card, as they have some great items and opening the account was easy.   I prefer shipping by DHL but Fedex good too.   My least favorite is shipping via USPS as they currently can’t track in Mexico.

• Like 1