Chapala.com Webboard

VALENCIANA PIZZA

gringal

17 minutes ago, gringal said:

Thanks, but when I dialed the number, it rang a long time and then rang busy. Tried twice.

I have had them not answer on more than one occasion.  Hence I have not called them in months.  Also they got very inconsistent (even by Mexican standards :lol:).  And there were more than a few hour+  delivery episodes. 

We have had excellent luck and decent pizza by ordering online with Dominoes.  For the record. we detest US Dominoes and never order it there.  However, MXN Dominos with the SARTEN crust is very good.  ONLY the sarten (pan) crust.  It is not available on all pizzas.  Always get double cheese as otherwise it's a bit chintzy. 

Now through end of June they have a special....a large with multiple toppings for the price of a medium.  Go to Arma Su Pizza (build your own pizza).  And remember ONLY the sarten crust.....their other crusts suck. 

After you order online, you get connected to their Pizza Tracker to watch its progress from horno to your puerto.  If it's not at your door in 30 minutes, it's free.  Happened to us once on a busy weekend and they honored the free pizza.   I think many of their specials and 30 minute guarantee are for online orders only.  But it's a slick online order form.  Oh...they won't guarantee 30 minutes in the rain 🌧️  But with the special, this is a good time to give the SARTEN crust a try...as you say, YMMV.

https://ordena2.dominos.com.mx/location/selectOrderType.php

• Like 2

Having failed to contact Valenciana's, my husband went to Purple Garlic Pizza for a take out.  Fine looking and tasting pizza (mushrooms and olives) but while he was there waiting....really LOUD MUSIC of the rap and racket variety.  Be forewarned.  We'll be back for takeout and if they ever have delivery...for that, but not for sitting around.

3 hours ago, gringal said:

Having failed to contact Valenciana's, my husband went to Purple Garlic Pizza for a take out.  Fine looking and tasting pizza (mushrooms and olives) but while he was there waiting....really LOUD MUSIC of the rap and racket variety.  Be forewarned.  We'll be back for takeout and if they ever have delivery...for that, but not for sitting around.

Live or recorded music?

On 6/22/2019 at 10:54 AM, gringal said:

Recorded, and "louder than a band!"  He was there before 6 p.m. Too bad, eh?

Too bad.  I've often asked restaurants to turn down the music and they usually comply.  The only time I've tried to eat at Purple Garlic was at their previous location and there was a live band at 6:00.  We walked in and walked out when told it would go on until 8:00.