Chapala.com Webboard

What's with AT&T?

I have a 1 year ccontract, unlimited U.S./Canada and works both here and in U.S. Stopped working yesterday. I thought tower was down since it worked fine on my WiFi.

Today, nothing. Went to the AT&T store by WalMart. Closed permently.

Any help here? I would like to find the problem, or at least find another similar plan One year was I think $4,188.00

Any help?

I do not know if the Plaza Laguna store is closed. BUT, the service at the store near Buganvilla is more friendly and more willing to provide service. We renewed our 2 year contract there without a problem. The Laguna store said it could only be done in Guadalajara...wrong.

For me that Laguna store had presented lots of problems even though I only had to go in there every two years to renew the $4188 plan plus help a friend renew his two year plan.  Each time we had to come back another day as their system would be "down" and not allow any updating.  I referred a second friend as well and guess what?...come back tomorrow and see if our system is back up!  I had originally purchased my first two year plan from Alejandro in Chapala, the heavy set guy who eventually scammed folks out of their two year plans by paying it monthly a few months and then absconding with the rest of the cash.  So we had no AT&T outlet for quite a while until this new store opened up.  Fortunately for me my renewal wasn't due for about 4 months after Alejandro did his disappearing act.  I had been in the store about three weeks before the debacle unfolded and he quoted me the new price of $4188, only $88 more than the previous two year plan and he suggested I renew right then....glad I didn't.  I always used a credit card and it appeared that the only ones who lost money were cash customers.  I was glad for the new store but I don't understand their business model of their system being down so much unless I just happened to be so unlucky to have hit on five visits many months apart with the same problems!  I'd also heard this year that when trying to renew with that store, they were telling people now you had to make a trip into Guad to do it!  I was preparing to go back to Telcel if that was going to be their type of service as my renewal is coming up in 5 months.

I'm wondering if there were problems at that store so they removed their ability to sell renewals as they prepared to close it thus the employees having to send clients to Guad with no explanation for the obvious question as to why an AT&T store can't renew your service?

Glad to hear that the new store works well and I plan on stopping in there to renew.

On 6/21/2019 at 1:38 PM, Eric Blair said:

I have a 1 year ccontract, unlimited U.S./Canada and works both here and in U.S. Stopped working yesterday. I thought tower was down since it worked fine on my WiFi.

Today, nothing. Went to the AT&T store by WalMart. Closed permently.

Any help here? I would like to find the problem, or at least find another similar plan One year was I think $4,188.00

Any help?

Our AT&T internet has been working find both Friday and so far Saturday. It is usually quite reliable. The store is a different matter. The manager there has always been indifferent and the young woman had been very little help. When they first started at lakeside their office was across from the Guadalajara Pharmacy on Hidalgo in Chapala. The young man there was pocketing most of the cash payments fortunately I paid with a credit card. AT&T fired the manager and turned off many who had their service and paid cash. AT&T refused to honor the contracts even though the customers had their contract and receipts for their cash payments. That was a very short sighted action. They closed that store and after some time opened the Laguna store. Service to the client has never been their strong suite but with competition like Telmex and Telcel the bar has always been quite low.Their phone and internet has always been good and they are still expanding their network

6 hours ago, geeser said:

Our AT&T internet has been working find both Friday and so far Saturday. It is usually quite reliable. The store is a different matter. The manager there has always been indifferent and the young woman had been very little help. When they first started at lakeside their office was across from the Guadalajara Pharmacy on Medero in Chapala. The young man there was pocketing most of the cash payments fortunately I paid with a credit card. AT&T fired the manager and turned off many who had their service and paid cash. AT&T refused to honor the contracts even though the customers had their contract and receipts for their cash payments. That was a very short sighted action. They closed that store and after some time opened the Laguna store. Service to the client has never been their strong suite but with competition like Telmex and Telcel the bar has always been quite low.Their phone and internet has always been good and they are still expanding their network

Hidalgo not Madero which you also misspelled.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, happyjillin said:

Hidalgo not Madero which you also misspelled.

Hidalgo and Madero There were 2 stores in Chapala he managed and also the Laguna Mall store. I know, I was one of the scammed ones and switched back to Telcel as soon as was possible. And because of that I will NEVER go back to AT&T.

3 hours ago, dave0415 said:

Hidalgo and Madero There were 2 stores in Chapala he managed and also the Laguna Mall store. I know, I was one of the scammed ones and switched back to Telcel as soon as was possible. And because of that I will NEVER go back to AT&T.

Geeser said:"Across from Guadalajara pharmacy" which was the AT&T store on Hidalgo.