Chapala.com Webboard

Rent buro legal

bontepar

10 hours ago, bontepar said:

Thanks for the suggestion but I do not have a landlord

Is this a house you will be living in and paying rent, or is it a house you will be renting to someone else?  If you will be living in the house and paying rent, to whom are you paying rent?  The person or bank that receives your rent payments is your landlord (casero).

There is often a requirement that renters pay one year's insurance (especially in the CDMX) to guarantee that the renters will pay the rent and abide by the terms of the rental contract.  I believe that is what you are posting about.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xena said:

Ask your landlord or someone from Cuernavaca.

Ask someone with experience in Cuernavaca.”

Or, God forbid, retain the services of a local attorney to find the real, "legal" answer and advice as to whether it is customary or you are being scammed.  But...it is cheaper to get an answer here.  Best of luck.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Yo1 said:

Thanks Liana--not something we know about in Chapala.  I'm not sure why he posted on a Lakeside forum rather than one in Cueravaca.

Yo1, I've been wondering why he posted here since the post appeared.  This insurance thing doesn't exist in Chapala, but it definitely does in Mexico City and probably does in Cuernavaca.  I paid it for the first time when I rented my second Mexico City apartment in February 2018.  The cost of a year-long policy at that time was $6000.00 pesos over and above the cost of the deposit and the first month's rent.  Mine was through a company called Previsión Legal, which anyone is welcome to look for on Google, just to see what it's all about.

• Like 1

Buro is the credit bureau and probably making you pay to check your credit and do a background check on you to make sure income is real and you are not a deadbeat