Chapala.com Webboard

FEGLI scam?

Any info about FEGLI scams? yesterday I got a letter from a USA lawyer asking for a reimbursement of a check that was given to me 11 years ago by FEGLI!   I guess any issue from 11 years ago is expired, no?   TIA.

11 minutes ago, Sheldon said:

Any info about FEGLI scams? yesterday I got a letter from a USA lawyer asking for a reimbursement of a check that was given to me 11 years ago by FEGLI!   I guess any issue from 11 years ago is expired, no?   TIA.

FEGLI is a government entity and a wild guess would be they can recover the money if they really want to. 

1 minute ago, RVGRINGO said:

Why would the government hire a lawyer to collect from you?  Why not contact FEGLI directly and ask them about it.  It could be a scam, as you suspect.

Thanks. yes, I sent a fax today asking FEGLI that question.  :)

6 hours ago, addtocart said:

Fax?  Just because it was fro 11 years ago doesn't mean you have to respond in kind.

but as Chapalence says... FEGLI means Government...  :( :(

• Thanks 1

On 6/19/2019 at 2:08 PM, RVGRINGO said:

Why would the government hire a lawyer to collect from you?  Why not contact FEGLI directly and ask them about it.  It could be a scam, as you suspect.

yes, the Gov. hired a external lawyers office. unfortunately I do not know what is the satute of limitations, because even, if it is not a scam, it a scam that FEGLI wants to collect a payment made 11 yrs ago!   Besides that, I do not know how to demonstrate that I was and I am entitled to that payment.  :(