Chapala.com Webboard

We considering switching from Telmex to Ilox. Not keeping both, but making the switch, which requires giving up our Telmex landline for the ILOX VOIP.

Has anyone done so and successfully transferred their Telmex phone number to their ILOX phone? Or must one get a new phone number from Ilox? I've heard keeping the same number is possible, but would like to confirm with someone who has done this successfully since having to acquire a new number would be a factor in the decision. 

• Like 1

Ilox assigns every new customer a new phone number but you can port your existing Telmex number over very easily. I switched about 6 weeks ago and have had no problems. As soon as the port was complete I took the modem back to the office and totally cancelled service. Once your phone number has been ported it belongs to Ilox. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I recently had a phone problem with the ILOX service. If you encounter the same thing, an email to noc fixed it quickly.

When dialing out there was just silence on the line. No ring, no pickup. The other side heard the ring, answered and spoke but on my side nothing. The second possibility was silence, then a click when the other side answered. The call went on normally. No problems with inbound calls only outbound.

I sent an email to noc describing the problem. I got an email response in just a few minutes saying they'd look into it. About 5 minutes later I received a call from ILOX asking me to test it again. I don't know what they did but the problem was resolved less than 15 minutes after sending the email.

• Thanks 1