Chapala.com Webboard

Refrigerator repair

From a post on May 30th- 

"Gualberto Real... father & son team will be honest enough to tell you whether it's worth it or if it can be repaired. If it's possible, they can repair almost any appliance. 765-5653 or 331-026-5450 . Son speaks English.

They are reasonably priced, arrive on time and know their stuff. I've never had to have anything that they've fixed, re-fixed."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chapalence said:

From a post on May 30th- 

"Gualberto Real... father & son team will be honest enough to tell you whether it's worth it or if it can be repaired. If it's possible, they can repair almost any appliance. 765-5653 or 331-026-5450 . Son speaks English.

They are reasonably priced, arrive on time and know their stuff. I've never had to have anything that they've fixed, re-fixed."

Thank you. I am not getting through to either number, maybe because it is the weekend. I will keep trying.

I also highly recommend Gualberto Real and have used them 3 times for different jobs,  They come to your home address and can usually fix the appliance in-situ without having to take it back to their workshop.  They are located on the lateral road directly opposite the 'old' Maskaras Clinic.  There is quite often one of the kids in the workshop (if it is open) whilst the guys are out on a repair job.

And that's the kind of thing that I love about these guys. They are never going to rip you off.

May I suggest that you also pull out the fridge and clean the condenser coils and fan with a vacuum cleaner if possible. I had a huge drawer on wheels made that goes under my fridge to make it easier to pull out to access the back. Clean machine is happy machine.

2 minutes ago, Ferret said:

You'd have to phone and ask, gringal, but I kinda doubt it.

I'll do that tomorrow.  The repair person from Electroventa "fixed" the problem last week, but now it's working limply again.

Anyone know anyone else who works on those small A/C units?

24 minutes ago, RickS said:

FYI, they are called mini-splits. They are about the only kind of AC (residential) found in Mexico. 

I agree.  However, I thought that "mini splits" were the type that put out heat or cold air.  So, do you know where to get a "cold air only" "mini split" repaired?🙃

Mini-splits can be either..... cool only or heat/cool. The second might be called a heat pump but that is over my pay grade.

Where to find a repair person for yours is also...... past my grade so I'll just tee-off. 🏌️‍♂️

• Haha 1