Chapala.com Webboard

Experiences with GreenHome solar hot water systems?

I am replacing my old tube-style solar hot water heater. Worked great, but had started to give up the ghost.

Over the past few months, I have had three local "reputable" solar companies give me quotes for a 150 L solar hot water system.

I'll skip the gruesome details, but the first company totally screwed up the project before, during and after installation, and then tried to blame me despite the fact they inspected my entire set-up, roof, water pressure, etc. Communication was no issue as the salesman is a native English speaker and the owner an English-speaking engineer. At least I got the money back, with only minor damage to my new roof. Strike one.

The second company was enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and recommended. However, even after I gave the go-ahead - contingent on one small installation detail - ceased all contact unless I contacted him. I even said, "I want to give you my money!" Alas, no contact in two weeks. Strike two.

My third choice, with inspection, quote and bank transfer information in hand, is GreenHome.

Has anyone had any good, bad, or indifferent experiences with them regarding the Axol or Kalotron 150 L systems?

Searching this webboard's history, I see that Val had a very unfortunate experience with them three years ago.

Have they gotten better, or worse? I'm running out of local options... unless I'm missing someone.

Thanks, gang.