Chapala.com Webboard

Taxi to Ajijic / Chapals

mh3

4 minutes ago, mh3 said:

Can anyone provide some guidance on taking a taxi from GDL to Ajijic with a late arrival into GDL; around 8:30 PM?

That's not late by Mexican standards.  You buy your taxi ticket as you exit baggage claim/aduana (customs).  Go outside to the line up for cabs; there will be people there to help you.....and plenty of taxis.   

Uber is available at a modestly lower cost. The GDL airport has free WiFi, with which you can use your Ubber App to summon an UBER . For pickup go out to right, on island in front of convience store OXXO. Do get in front seat.

Uber drivers use Google maps, so just have your destination address at hand. Airport taxis are good, but not with a Google maps. 

Thanks to all of you which replied with helpful info.  And a big thank you for allowing me to demonstrate my lack of typing skills (Chapals) and my cultural ignorance.  (That's not late by Mexican standards)

Cheers to all.

Not late?? Try to eat after 8.30 .. We eat dinner around 9.30 or 10 and I can tell you that many restaurant do not accept you.. It used to be worse but still many places will tell you know..

8.30 not late to arrive but late to go out and eat in a village. All depends..

On 6/14/2019 at 6:03 AM, TechnoNorm said:

Uber is available at a modestly lower cost. The GDL airport has free WiFi, with which you can use your Ubber App to summon an UBER . For pickup go out to right, on island in front of convience store OXXO. Do get in front seat.

Uber drivers use Google maps, so just have your destination address at hand. Airport taxis are good, but not with a Google maps. 

So what is the acceptable rate for a taxi or Uber from GDL to Ajijic???

8 hours ago, giniinitaly said:

So what is the acceptable rate for a taxi or Uber from GDL to Ajijic???

Just went to the UBER app, and it showed 306 pesos from Ajijic to downtown Guadalajara (nr bus station). Not always are Uber vehicles available on the Ribera de Chapala, and sometimes higher Surge pricing is in effect.

• Thanks 1

yes , I have tried uber several times from Ajijic without any luck but the OP wants Airport to Ajijic which would be way easier.. WHen I travel nationally , I go and get the ticket  then go and wait for luggage and this way I am out the dooor when my luggage arrives.  Uber would be cheaper  but I would have to go to the OXXo to wait and frankly for a 100 or so pesos less it is not worth it to me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For newbies:

The airport is half way between Guadalajara and Chapala, so you should not compare prices of taxis between GDL(the airport) - Chapala, with prices between Guadalajara (the city) and Chapala or Ajijic.   The airport is actually located in the municipality of Tlajomulco de Zuñiga, south of the city of Guadalajara.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Perhaps the confusion is from the use of GDL, which is the designation for the Guadalajara  International Airport.  Using GDL for the city itself is improper and confusing.

Instead of "mid-GDL", it would have been more accurate (by several miles) to have said, "Guadalajara centro", or "Central Guadalajara".

RV it is irrelevant, The OK got the price for Uber and the cabs from the airport what somone paid to go from Guadaljara to Ajijic is irrelevant to the OP and makes sense as the town is further than the airport... The prices are fixed and not negociable  so the OP wll not get cheated one way ot the other.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1