Chapala.com Webboard

Cost for physical therapy sessions locally

A few years ago, my husband used a P.T. who worked through Dr. Leon's office.  Her name was Vicky, and she was good.  She charged less than the rates quoted, but that may have changed. Her card gives the following contact information:

Victoria Velasco Hernandez   333 202 8969

viktoria.velher@gmail.com

• Like 1

There are just a couple of people who are real  , licensed physiotherapists.. We go to Jorge Ulloa. I am impressed with him . Not cheap 750 pesos an hour but to us he is worth it. My nephew is a physiotherapist who  has has own business and also travel with one of the Olympic team in France so I have seen him at work when I am over there and Jorge is the real thing. Not a massage guy or a chiropractor, not that they do not have their place as well but Jorge is a eal physiotherapist and is really helping my husband learnng how to walk again after back and hip surgery.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 6/12/2019 at 8:33 AM, gringal said:

A few years ago, my husband used a P.T. who worked through Dr. Leon's office.  Her name was Vicky, and she was good.  She charged less than the rates quoted, but that may have changed. Her card gives the following contact information:

Victoria Velasco Hernandez   333 202 8969

viktoria.velher@gmail.com

thanks so much  for your recommendation, my phone number is changed the number is 3321743223 im with Dr. Leons office and velhealth  3761087390.

My Dra. recommends the physical therapist at Quality Care, second floor (there is an elevator). Her hobby is dancing, and they suffer more injuries than anybody. His name is Ricardo. There is a female therapist there too. I have had a brief talk with him. Very nice man and full of knowledge. He told me charges 600 pesos for an initial one hour orientation, then 300 pesos per session. He is big on isometric excersises, and gives you an at home program that he expects you to follow 5 or 6 days a week. I already have a freshly reconditioned treadmill and a Bowflex Pro weight system, so I will need Ricardo to make a housecall to make sure I am doing everything correct.

My experience with Dr. Justina's group was this:

After some extensive surgery on a shattered leg and hip, I called Dr. Justina's office and an assistant came to my home, had me walking back ad forth across a room for an hour and charged me $800.  I was so sore that I could barely move the next day and I never made another appt.  Walking for much less time daily did the job, eventually.  Prior to that, Vicky (referred to above) did a great job with my husband's shoulder problem for a much lower fee.