Chapala.com Webboard

Need water delivery person

Guest English Rose

Guest English Rose

After using Salvatore for water delivery for a few years, he answers his phone if it is working in the morning and then 'forgets' to deliver. Javier was mentioned here but his phone doesn't work in the morning but he will answer after noon, promises to deliver at 4:30 a couple of days and is also a no show. Snagged Bonofont last week when in dire need of water. Charged me 26 pesos for 1 garafon, plus 50 pesos for one of their bottles. Will not use again.

Does anyone know of a dependable water delivery person? Much appreciate your sharing.

1 hour ago, English Rose said:

After using Salvatore for water delivery for a few years, he answers his phone if it is working in the morning and then 'forgets' to deliver. Javier was mentioned here but his phone doesn't work in the morning but he will answer after noon, promises to deliver at 4:30 a couple of days and is also a no show. Snagged Bonofont last week when in dire need of water. Charged me 26 pesos for 1 garafon, plus 50 pesos for one of their bottles. Will not use again.

Does anyone know of a dependable water delivery person? Much appreciate your sharing.

I use Salvadore aka Chava and he has only "forgotten" twice. I merely called him on his cell again to remind him and got my water. I will continue to use him because he is "dependable".

Guest English Rose
4 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

I use Salvadore aka Chava and he has only "forgotten" twice. I merely called him on his cell again to remind him and got my water. I will continue to use him because he is "dependable".

I have thought he was reliable but twice in a row I'm left waiting for him.

7 hours ago, English Rose said:

Why not get unlimited quality water with zero hassles from a designated tap at your sink? Aguagente is a "green" company out of Guadalajara that installs and maintains an under sink unit with a 5-stage filtering process. Great tasting water, no chance of fecal coliforms that are common in garrafons of water, reasonable cost (free after 6 referrals that sign up) and a great company to deal with. Message me your contact info if you want to hear from the rep who can answer all your questions.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, chapalence said:

Why not get unlimited quality water with zero hassles from a designated tap at your sink? Aguagente is a "green" company out of Guadalajara that installs and maintains an under sink unit with a 5-stage filtering process. Great tasting water, no chance of fecal coliforms that are common in garrafons of water, reasonable cost (free after 6 referrals that sign up) and a great company to deal with. Message me your contact info if you want to hear from the rep who can answer all your questions.

Also available here.  We have systems in an apartment in GDL and a house here in Riberas.  Trouble free and fully maintained on site by the company.  No more dealing with delivery hassles.  Here is their website:  https://www.aguagente.com/

• Like 1

Guest English Rose
10 hours ago, chapalence said:

I am looking for a water delivery person. Called Katya at 9am and at 7 hours later, still no water. I have called and been told they will be there in an hour, a half hour later, or another half hour later......

We use Kayta but we get the water when the delivery person is in our area. Our water guy (who mostly works Chapala Haciendas & Brisias) comes by at his convenience on his delivery schedule. We leave the empty bottles out where they can be seen and he usually comes by Wednesday in the morning. In seven years I've only had one time when he skipped a week and I was low on my 4th garafone.

Guest English Rose
56 minutes ago, MtnMama said:

We use Kayta but we get the water when the delivery person is in our area. Our water guy (who mostly works Chapala Haciendas & Brisias) comes by at his convenience on his delivery schedule. We leave the empty bottles out where they can be seen and he usually comes by Wednesday in the morning. In seven years I've only had one time when he skipped a week and I was low on my 4th garafone.

I have not had a problem until he did not coming the last 2 times and again today. I also give him a tip for 'tipping' the garafon for me as I can't do that and he has always been courteous,  nice guy. I'll try again tomorrow. 😏

Guest English Rose
2 hours ago, dennis clark said:

Always keep ONE as a backup. No hurry, no worry.. 

That wouldn't help as I can't tip it. I do keep a 1.5 litre in case there is no delivery but now I am out of that too. Well, lets hope for better luck tomorrow.

Chava had trouble with his truck the last couple of days.  Believe me, he hates to not make his deliveries because he lives on his tips, not the water charges.  I got water today about 1 but his truck was not working properly then.  I like him and he is always courteous.  I will continue to use him.

• Like 1

For those of us who can no longer lift the garrafon, we have found a small wall pump to be a great solution. I can scoot the bottle across the floor to the pump, hook it up,  and voila - press a button and water. We keep 4 total garrafons so we don't run out.

https://www.amazon.com.mx/Dispensador-eléctrico-agua-para-garrafón/dp/B01LWLQKRP

In another life we maintained a sail boat with  "Whale Hand Pumps." Pump lower unit is connected with plastic tubing through the top of the Garrafon. Voila. This does require a counter top to secure the pump. We have this set-up in our cabin for drinking water under the kitchen counter.

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/whale-pumps--vertical-self-priming-hand-pump--255427

Another Aguagente convert. After years of regular delivery to our door in Ajijic centro (we rotated 3 bottles) the idea of not bothering with the garrafons was appealing.  I have a husband at home who can lift garrafons for me. And we have whole house UV etc..even he says it tastes better.