Chapala.com Webboard

Advertisers Beware

Be advised that if you advertise anything for sale on this webboard, it will be hijacked and printed in the El Ojo Del Lago without your approval or consent!

I PURPOSELY did not want to advertise in El Ojo Del Lago because it is not timely.  I am now being contacted by several readers regarding this ad and the item listed was sold before the magazine was even published.

Thought you might like to know.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

I have a feeling that this is mentioned as a service somewhere in whatever it is we sign to become members of this Board. It is certainly actively promoted that way by the magazine editorial staff. Nothing has been hijacked.

• Like 3

If you read the Ojo you will see somewhere where they say your ad will be seen by X million number of viewers every month. And if you click on CLASSIFIEDS on their Website, it takes you to the Classifieds here.

Maybe I'm just being ornery here, but the first time it happened to me, I just thought it was great to get some free advertising a bit longer. I've sold items on both the web and the magazine and have found that often the magazine sells what online doesn't. If you don't want it in El Ojo, then take it off the board as soon as it sells. If you don't make it in time, politely tell folks who call that it's sold.