Chapala.com Webboard

Outrageous BAGEL!😁

heidinrick

Heidi and I went to Niisa's for lunch.....again! Carlos, the owner, was telling us about a new menu item. He makes his own bagels, covers them with cream cheese, smoked trout, capers and black olives. I was salivating so he made one up for us to sample...incredible!!! I can'tΒ  remember ever having smoked trout before but, I found it to be tastier than salmon (IMO). For lunch, I had the Barbeque Ribs and Heidi had their steak. Both were excellent. Hats off to Carlos! New breakfast menu coming soon!Β 

• Like 2

Niisa's is west of Ajijic. It's at the west end of the strip where La Ancla and Jitomates are located. I tell people 3 topes and 100 meters past Oxxo on the lake side of the highway. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. 8:30am till ? Closed Monday I think! EVERYTHING we've had there has been excellent!

1 hour ago, RVGRINGO said:

Salmon and Trout:

"Salmon, Trout and Char (Salmonidae) The Salmonidae family is native to the Northern Hemisphere".........They are of the same genus.

Sorry, not sure what that has to do with this thread. But I personally prefer trout to salmon. I grew up in Canada with stints on both coasts and many, many lakes and rivers in between (Army brat), and have lots of both. But fresh brook or lake trout has always been my favourite. Oddly, never had much char.

10 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

Sorry, not sure what that has to do with this thread. But I personally prefer trout to salmon. I grew up in Canada with stints on both coasts and many, many lakes and rivers in between (Army brat), and have lots of both. But fresh brook or lake trout has always been my favourite. Oddly, never had much char.

You have had Char. Brook[aka Speckled] trout,Lake trout, Dolly Varden, Bull trout are all chars,related to the Arctic Char. Some suggest that the Dolly and Bull are one and the same.

51 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

Ah. Well, arctic char is the one name I know, but I bet my trout tastes very different from that fish. Much as salmon and trout don't taste the same.

Β My experience tells me you lost that bet. I said you ate Char not Trout if you had Brook and Lake. Brown, Rainbow,Cutthroat and Golden are Trout. I have caught andΒ  eaten sea run Brookies caught in the James Bay watershed, deep run Lakers, West coast Dollies in winter and Arctic Char that a friend who caught them in the NWT gave to me. Brookies,Dollies and Arctic even look the same, inside and outside. Chars require colder water than trout.