Chapala.com Webboard

Mountain scars across lake

Is that ht eplace where they are selling land to build a zillion ticky tacky places likt ethey did in el Chante-- I was ther ethe other day and there were boards advertising some kind of housing development.. IIt could be it.. so much fo the south f the lake being  rural.. Humans are not going to be happy until they destroy the planet and then they will dosappear.. Thank God..

13 hours ago, bmh said:

Is that ht eplace where they are selling land to build a zillion ticky tacky places likt ethey did in el Chante-- I was ther ethe other day and there were boards advertising some kind of housing development.. IIt could be it.. so much fo the south f the lake being  rural.. Humans are not going to be happy until they destroy the planet and then they will dosappear.. Thank God..

Not sure where that many people would find employment. From El Chante you can bus to a Guadalajara factory or pick berries. I don't see that happening from across the lake.

Not sure either but that was in the papers and it is advertise over there.. I guess it will be more ticky tacky apartments or small houses for city people to come and enjoy the country.. There is a huge project that is gong to go south of the lake.. Wether it is the scarng we see or not that s another story but I saw the advertisng on my way to Conception de Buenas Aires. which is on the way to Mazamitla.. The advertising was before the turn off to Mazamitla..

It does not matter what you think about it if you read the Mexican papers that is what was anounced for the south of the Lake.

I remember what the lake and Chapala and Ajijic looked like, when I first visited this area for one week, in 1996.  It was so different. No internet and those wanting TV from up north needed big satellite dishes 12 to 18 feet in diameter.

Traffic? almost none. very pleasant. We still had the LCS and the art community was alive and well. I could go on and on. It was beautiful and so tranquil.

and there were horses and cows wandering in the village and lots of dogs in the streets and lots of kids playing in the street and more bicycles less cars and so on.. It was nice as long as you did not try to get to a restaurant at 8pm..