Chapala.com Webboard

Looking at options for sports on TV

I’m seeking advice on best options for watching U.S. sports channels here are Lakeside. Mainly interested in Tennis Channel, ESPN channels, NBA and NFL games. PBS is a plus. The house I moved in to has two satellite dishes (one large, one small), but I do not yet know if they are for Shaw or Dish, or if they work. I currently do not have a receiver.

Options I’m evaluating include:

1.       Shaw [though I heard signal might go away in a couple of years??]

2.       Dish USA

3.       A streaming service from Lakesidetv.com.

4.       I also read posts here from barcelonaman who offers a steaming service.

Anyone have good, consistent reception with Lakesidetv.com or other streaming services? I.e., no buffering, no (or very rare) outages and good customer support?  I get ~8MB download speed at home. If I use a streaming service, do I need to worry about computer viruses with the add-on apps installed on the device (Android box, Firestick, etc.)? And how do I keep the add-on apps updated?

As for Shaw and Dish, if I can use the existing satellite dishes, what are the approximate setup costs, including purchase of a receiver? Especially with Shaw, I’m looking to evaluate setup costs, if the service is going away in a couple of years.

Thanks.

Happy to give you a free demo for my service. 1800 pesos.  Includes new firestick, No monthly payments.over 100 usa network channels and now some usa local. 

No iptv service is completely buffer free, there are many reasons. No chance of a virus with firestick. The updates are automatic or if there is a problem i come to sort it.

Pm me for more info

• Like 1

I am a happy Area-51 customer. I mainly use it for the SEC Network and boxing ppvs. Iptv is great as long as your net has the juice. I live in Riberas and Telmex is pretty consistent for me. 

Here is a nice site with multiple iptv providers all in one place. Set up is rather easy. There are many youtube videos with reviews and how to install. Takes 10 minutes tops.

http://cablekill.us/paidtv