Chapala.com Webboard

Hotels between Matehuala and Monterrey

tomgates

Well, about 60 miles farther on is Hotel San Pedro Express that is very nice... restaurant there also. Can't miss it because it is right in the middle of the freeway along with a Pemex. I don't know that they have extra security there... it is certainly not 'behind a wall' but is very busy. 

Other than that it's the Saltillo area... but nothing there that is really convenient to the 57 freeway. I use Fairfield Inn and Suites in Ramos Arizpe on the north side of Saltillo out by the airport but that is another 100 miles past San Pedro Express. It has a restaurant and is behind walls. 

San Pedro might fit as that makes first day driving 401 miles and second day (to San Antonio) drive of 431 miles.. Just tired of leaving before dawn and driving to Cotulla and not San Antonio. Thanks Rick.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/1/2019 at 5:00 PM, tomgates said:

I would like to get farther than Matehuala but not so far as Monterrey. Any hotel options that have a restaurant and secure parking?

Thanks

San Pedro Parador gets my vote. Only a couple of years old and includes breakfast next door. Quick in/out with secure parking. It is 7 hours from Ajijic and 6 hours from Columbia Solidarity bridge. The only downside is that they send you to the restaurant for ice or drink scotch at room temp. WiFi and even a computer area if you need to use their computer. Unlike Las Palmas the beds are really good.

hotel HSP $1300mn for double (tel 01-826-213-1640).

http://www.paradorturisticosanpedro.com.mx/hotel/ tel 826-213-1640