Chapala.com Webboard

Good Honest Mechanic in Riberas

Finding a good car mechanic is as important as finding a good doctor or dentist.

I have found one, Carlos Escalera. He has worked on my car twice now and I am happy with the work and the price.

Carlos will give you a price when you drop off your car and a time when it will be done. Both times I had him work on my car he held to the price and the pick up time.

He gives you a printed receipt and he takes credit cards. Carlos also speaks very good english.

Multiservicios Automotriz - Escalear, Ave, Hidalgo #44-B, Riberas del Pilar - cel 33 3440 2412

My wife said it was the cleanest garage she has ever seen both in the US and here in Mexico.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, RickS said:

Well that makes two of them in Riberas..... Felipe Morales at Autocheck, Hidalgo #90A  cell 331-464-2324

Second the  motion.  Had him do a bunch of work including full brake job on my CRV.  Brakes are better than when I got the car.  Very prompt and very reasonable in cost.  Will definitely be using in the future.

• 1 month later...

Do either one of these mechanics have the equipment to run a diagnostic test?  I'm looking for someone to run the diagnostic test that relies on a computer system that links to the vehicle's computer processor, sensors, and microchips, logging any problems or issues present. And can reveal existing flaws including problems with the exhaust, transmission, oil tank and other systems. Thank you!

I would think most of the garages Lakeside have a simple OBD2 scan tool. You can pick them up for less than $50 US at Autozone.. They will read any existing faults or previous ones stored in the computer..  They may even have the more advanced version.  For around $100/120 US you can pick up something an Inova OBD2 Digital scan tool that will give you real time data while you drive, which comes in very useful if you have an intermittent problem like I did...

• 3 months later...

I bought a a real lemon from a very shady secondhand car dealer in Guadalajara. I know.....  dumb...  The good news is Carlos Escelera did a diagnostic and helped me to spend as little as possible to get it running safely.  He’s honest, he knows his trade well, and I would highly recommend him.  

• Like 1