Chapala.com Webboard

Coyote barber shop

I ask again

Has the barber, Coyote, come back? Or does anyone know where he went?  I'm in Seattle until it starts raining lakeside, and hope I can get my haircut by him when I get back.

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, johanson said:

I ask again

Has the barber, Coyote, come back? Or does anyone know where he went?  I'm in Seattle until it starts raining lakeside, and hope I can get my haircut by him when I get back.

You´re late, it´s been raining since 31 de mayo...…..:D

Yes. I saw that on the Ajijic Weather channel. I will wait until the rainy season really starts  :)   Oh, I sure hope we get enough rain to flood the …………………..  (I'm afraid to say) :) 

38 minutes ago, johanson said:

I will wait until the rainy season really starts 

You must be related to Mod 2, as he is waiting for real rain....:D

Let me assure you, this rain is wet, soaks into ground, and runs down the street, so I would not call it a "false" rain.

The "start" or beginning has already happened.  Maybe you mean the continuation of the rainy season.

Or is it like a meal doesn´t start with an appetizer  but when you are slogging down the entree at full speed…..LOL

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/4/2019 at 6:10 PM, slainte39 said:

You must be related to Mod 2, as he is waiting for real rain....:D

Let me assure you, this rain is wet, soaks into ground, and runs down the street, so I would not call it a "false" rain.

The "start" or beginning has already happened.  Maybe you mean the continuation of the rainy season.

Or is it like a meal doesn´t start with an appetizer  but when you are slogging down the entree at full speed…..LOL

You should be feeling a bit silly by now.  Just where is that rain?  :D

The rainy season when really going is much more sustained than this.  It has to be to drop over 7 inches in the last two weeks of June alone, and over 9 inches in July.

The actual monsoon pattern has yet to establish itself, the monsoon tropical current is still pretty far south.  Cold fronts are still passing quite regularly to the north and kicking up some seriously unusual rain in New Mexico and West Texas.  Talked to a friend in Las Cruces, she said it rained all day there on Saturday, over 2.6 inches and it was chilly. 

We lived in NM for 14 years and nothing remotely like this happened during that time.  Usually hot and dry with  no cold fronts.

There have been some articles in the Mexican press that some meteorologists in Mexico expect a significantly delayed rainy season because of the continued southward displacement of the sub tropical jet.  Seems to be working that way, we shall see.

Sure hope the young man didn't shut down his barbershop because of extortion.  Sheesh, how much money is available for extortion from a one chair barber shop?

22 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

The rainy season when really going is much more sustained than this.  It has to be to drop over 7 inches in the last two weeks of June alone, and over 9 inches in July.

The actual monsoon pattern has yet to establish itself, the monsoon tropical current is still pretty far south.  Cold fronts are still passing quite regularly to the north and kicking up some seriously unusual rain in New Mexico and West Texas.  Talked to a friend in Las Cruces, she said it rained all day there on Saturday, over 2.6 inches and it was chilly. 

We lived in NM for 14 years and nothing remotely like this happened during that time.  Usually hot and dry with  no cold fronts.

There have been some articles in the Mexican press that some meteorologists in Mexico expect a significantly delayed rainy season because of the continued southward displacement of the sub tropical jet.  Seems to be working that way, we shall see.

Sure hope the young man didn't shut down his barbershop because of extortion.  Sheesh, how much money is available for extortion from a one chair barber shop?

Maybe taking a member of the family would bring the entire extended family into the picture and more money...its very sad that the locals should be exposed to this kind threat ..but as we hear kidnapping is very big business in Mexico...certainly a valid  reason to seek asylum NOB

2 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Feeling silly...….why????

Had over an inch at my house last Sat. AM and haven´t watered the garden since May 31  I did say the start of the rainy season, not the height of the rainy season and that´s after months of no rain.

I don´t care which direction the wind is blowing or where the rain  comes from, if it´s wet, covers the Carretera with mud like it did in SAT,  I call that rain.

You can have your technical definition and I´ll have my "in real time" one.

• Like 2