Chapala.com Webboard

Francisco, The Coffee Guy (Red Truck, Carretera in Ajijic)

We were gone a month, been back 10 days.  Have walked to his site daily but no truck, no Francisco.  I'm getting a lot of exercise 🚶‍♀️, but no coffee 

Has he been gone long?  I am getting critically low....please don't recommend other purveyors, I am hooked on his 🎣

• Like 1

Just now, calexico said:

He's back! I saw him this morning at the usual location.

Muchisimas gracias!  Today was the first morning I didn't head out in his direction.  I will be there pronto  🏃‍♀️  🏃‍♀️ 🏃‍♀️

I agree its the best coffee in Ajijic.  Periodically he goes to Vera Cruz to get more beans.  We buy and every time we go to Mexico City we take some to relatives.  He is also a very nice man and we enjoy visiting with him.

I've often wondered how fresh Francico's  beans are considering they are 'sitting out' on his truck for a month before he goes back home to Vera Cruz to get more. Say, vs Cafe Grano?  I like Vera Cruz coffee and also like it from Oaxaca... sometimes I mix 50-50 from Cafe Grano.

I sometimes get the coffee just before he leaves, so it has sat the longest, and sometimes when he first gets back. It is always wonderful IMHO. I double bag it and store it in the freezer. I am not enough of a gourmet to tell the difference - I just know it's the best I have found locally. So glad he's back!