Chapala.com Webboard

Need a ceiling fan installer

No, electricians are un peso por docena here. Usually electrician/plumbers, which means that most often, they are not quite good enough at either job. With ceiling fans, you really want someone who understands the insides... which, as Ferret will tell you, are not complicated but have the ability to make even the brightest-seeming guys get a blank look. Everything from reversing the spin, reversing the speeds, blowing parts and not being able to fix them... not understanding that a 10 foot ceiling needs a drop pole for the fan... the list goes on.

• Like 1

Qualified is the key word. rvanparys, maybe your comment would hold water up north, but here? Far too many are not. I even had a lawn mower mechanic that I paid to do a tune-up, because gas had gotten into it, and he never bothered to try and start it after the tune-up. Of course, it didn't start. Whoops, hijacking again. Damn.

• Like 1

Alberto Farias 331 706 9407

Good with all things electrical, plumbing, and assorted other handyman jobs. He has done excellent work for us over the past several years correcting the problems left by Enrique "Kike" Hernandez or Chavarria Enrique or whatever name he is using now. Alberto is fair, honest, and doesn't overbook in spite of being in demand. Speaks English and loves a Dr. Pepper :)

I was referred to a fan store that's next to Food Container by my electrician. He said they do the installations also. I know nothing about the quality of work or if you're already talking about the same guy.