Chapala.com Webboard

Time to arrive @ GDL b4 a flight? Interjet

This board is a good place to get your own opinion validated. You checked the official advice and obviously don't want to take it. Just be patient and someone will validate your opinion and you can breathe easy. Be sure to remember their screen name so you can include it in any angry rant that you may need to send if, God forbid, you were to miss your flight due to not being punctual.  Best of luck and enjoy your trip.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

The "3 hours International and 2 hours Domestic" is not just an Interjet flying criteria, it is the mantra for airports and airlines everywhere... at least in the Western world. If you believed it for a flight from Dallas to Denver you should believe it for a flight from Guadalajara to Mexico. YMMV

We sometimes arrived 40-50 minutes before flight time...when we didn't care if we missed the flight, just grab the next one.  When we actually wanted to make sure, we arrived within the suggested lead time.  Different strokes for...

For a 6am departure, that would be arriving at 3am, and the immigration office doesn't open until 4am. So we get there at 4am or so and plenty of time. 

I fly a lot of intra-Europe (like Dusseldorf to Lisbon, all Schengen) and with no checked luggage it's pretty fast, an hour is plenty.  When I fly domestically in South Africa, like Kruger to Cape Town, or Uppington (Kalahari) to Joburg, 45 minutes is more than enough.  I guess it depends where.  The US manor airports have been the worst. Smaller airports, like Key West and Sarasota are a breeze. 

Well, my passenger arrived 2 hours before check-in and the agent told her she was one of the first.  Then again it was a Wednesday (slow day).