Chapala.com Webboard

Address in San Antonio

Back in 2015, I was told that the official name for the street/area that SuperLake and others are in, had changed from Carr. Chapala-Ajijic #1XX, SAT 45915 to this:

Paseo del Centenario de la Revolucion Mexicana #XX, San Antonio Tlayacapan, 45922

I don't recall, but it was very official at the time. However, none of the businesses seem to use it. Has anyone else heard of this?

Handy Mail continues to use this address (and my Amazon orders continue to be delivered there). 

Carr. Chapala-Jocotepec #159 C-*** (***= your Box Number)
    San Antonio Tlayacapan,
    Jalisco, Mexico. 45915

Nobody has been right here so far. The correct address for IShop is:

iShop Mail Center

PMB XXX

Carretera Chapala – Jocotepec #144

San Antonio Tlayacapan

Jalisco 45900

Mexico

I have been with them for 11 years, both in this the original location then to the Central Laguna location and then back here. Just to confirm, I called Oscar there and this is correct. I live down at the very end of Jesus Garcia in SAT and my CP here is 45922.

Everyone continues to use the old addresses. However, the official addresses are as in my OP. In fact, a delivery was made today to one of those places for me, using the address I posted.

If you would care to read Bournemouth's reply, you will see that the "official" address appears on SuperLake's register receipts.

You are guys are creating a tempest in a teapot.  Either of the aforementioned names work and could be considered official.  Even through La Floresta the carretera has several names including Carretera Chapala-Jocotepec Ote. and some Chinese name. In Chapala, the Riberas area it can be the Carretera blah, blah, blah, or Hidalgo and on and on

If you travel to the big city, the name changes frequently from eje to eje. 

In Mexico, everyone likes to get in on the naming game, street names are a way of honoring and recognizing people, places, and events.------makes postal and delivery people really be on their toes.....LOL

For many years, years ago when FEDEX first started serving Mexico, they couldn´t even recognize SAT, and if you wanted a delivery there, you had to call it Chapala.

1 hour ago, slainte39 said:

You are guys are creating a tempest in a teapot.....

"39", that's what folks do here. Gives 'em something to do. Helps them have self-importance.  You know that. You're the smart one here.

I can prove every day, every single day, that you cannot just ask a simple question on this Board without getting in trouble. Innocence is its own worst enemy, apparently. I could care less if was called Katmandu Korners.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As a businessman for over 50 years a still going, I know by experience that mistakes can cost money. I do a lot of business with Estafeta receiving deliveries from all over México and know that one little number mistake in the CP can cause a long delay in delivery. It seems that Bisby Gal was the only one correct, as 45915 is the "official" CP number there, although 45900 that I have used for many years is acceptable as the "general" CP for the whole Chapala region. As one who depends on FACTS I went to the source, the man who runs the entire IShop  operation here, and with his permission i am reprinting an email that he sent me verbatim regarding my query to him:

Dear Denis,

As per our conversation, I am writing this short note to explain the situation about your general concern over the correct address for Ishop and Mail in San Antonio Tlayacapan. There has been, for the last weeks a debate over the correct address and Zip code for the physical store in this place. We would have to go back to 2014 when the Chapala administration started a process for changing the name of Carr. Chapala-Jocotepec to Paseo del Centenario, on that time we were concerned about the possible effects that this would have on all the legal, banking, permits and official documents that we had already got then. We went to the correspondent governmental department to clarify it and the answer we got then was basically that both addresses were ok and that we can continue using it, as many others still doing it. However, this change will take effect on new houses, establishments and stores that open after the resolution was emitted. And for that reason you don’t need to do changes if you are currently using our services or wishes to.

As per the Zip code, that’s a totally different story. The Mexican Post office, along the local government officials, establish the Codes depending the growth rate of the community and the new areas that are open constantly. The official Zip code for Chapala as you may know is 45900, this code works for Chapala area and the surrounds, for Ajijic is 45920 and it works the same way. But, in the specific case of SAT there was a change back then from 45915 to 45922. Nevertheless, some shipping companies and even the Post Office itself, seems to have problems with that.

In resume, the people living or having business along the Carretera, can use either address for receiving purposes. Having it as part of your official address, is something that you will have to resolve it with the correspondent agent when you take the procedure.

For now this is the official address in our store:

Carr. Chapala – Jocotepec #144

San Antonio Tlayacapan, Chapala, Jalisco 45915

Thank you so much and we hope this solves some of the questioning.

Moises Zetune P.

Development director and General Manager

Ishop and Mail.,®

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

I can prove every day, every single day, that you cannot just ask a simple question on this Board without getting in trouble. Innocence is its own worst enemy, apparently. I could care less if was called Katmandu Korners.

Now you've really done  it . . . started a whole new controversy about whether it's supposed to be "Katmandu" or "Kathmandu"!

3 hours ago, pappysmarket said:

Well if a Development director and General Manager says so...I'd say that ends the discussion. I know of no higher rank than that.

It´s even better than that, I took Moses (Moises) to see Pythia, the Oracle of Delphi, and she confirmed that either address will work until it doesn´t.  Mose takes his responsibilities seriously, and I can bear witness to his development from day one to now.

He wasn´t always this inaccessible…..LOL.....like the days when he very first started in the SAT store.

A perfect example of how a harmless question can turn into a ridiculous thread.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

I completely agree.  Consider that next time when you feel the need to correct someone’s grammar or school them on internet etiquette.  😇

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

OK, I was trying to resist this but cannot. Is not this board for the benefit for Expats here? Many posts asking relevant questions evolve into weird responses and personal attacks such as here. This is just one example. Please read the OP question and how it developed from there. I have tried over more than 10 years to add my personal experience to help others. I have also asked questions and gotten great helpful answers. There are some here such as the GUY who use this board to not only promote his own business but denigrate others. I joined on Oct 2008 and have 805 posts. He joined on May 2012 and has 10,908 posts. Over the years I have seen much misinformation, BS, and frankly FAKE NEWS. Lets keep it real here folks.

• Like 2