Chapala.com Webboard

Consulant for Mexican visa western Canada

Does our choices for western Canada only include Calgary and Vancouver - is Winnipeg available?  May I ask your experiences with either Calgary or Winnipeg if available?

We live in Saskatchewan and either of those 2 would be closest.  Regina is no longer available.

Any recommendations or tips are very appreciated.  I am doing the due diligence for our prospective future move to Ajijic area Mexico.

No mexican consulate in Winnipeg; we ended up going to Toronto as it was the only place we could get an appointment.  You can go to a MX consulate in the US . Once you get your visa you have 180 days to get to Mexico; once you are in Mexico you have 30 days to finish the process at immigration.  The visa you get at the consulate is only pre-approval, you must finish the process at the immigration office nearest to where you will be living i.e. in Chapala for lakeside area.

https://consulmex.sre.gob.mx/toronto/index.php/en/servicesforeigners/visas?id=243

Getting an appointment can be tough in Calgary, I've heard they book appointments MONTHS in advance.

• Like 1

There is a Notary of Public in Vancouver, she has done Spanish translation for us in the past. She may know someone, contact the Notary Assn. Also the immigration consultants Assn. Years from now you may think it silly that paid for all your correct documents are in order before you arrived, but confidence you gain is worth it. There certainly is a fairly large number of Saskatanis here, one couple is my new neighbour.

God speed, you are going to love Mexico!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

There is a Notary of Public in Vancouver, she has done Spanish translation for us in the past. She may know someone, contact the Notary Assn. Also the immigration consultants Assn.

A Notary or immigration consultant may be good to assist with the paperwork but the OP still needs to attend at a MX consulate to obtain their visa. We did not have to provide any  translated paperwork -  it is mostly financial i.e numbers are numbers.

Each consulate seems to interpret the immigration requirements differently so once you get an appointment, check the consular site for visa requirements. AND the financial requirements change each year in early January after the minimum wage is established.