Chapala.com Webboard

cost of mailing to the U.S.??

I have an 8 1/2 by 11 envelope weighing under 2 lbs to mail to Vermont.  What's the least expensive but reliable way to do this? ishop quote was ridiculously expensive.

Has anyone found that a mailing from the Mexican post office reaches its destination? Or not.

I'm about to check to see if LCS still has a mail pick-up headed for the States.

Thanks. . . .

Lexy

10 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

I'm with Angus... very inexpensive, compared to US prices for mail, and gets there much quicker than stuff gets here.

This is good to know since I always believed it would take the same length of time... like three months.

Correos de Mexico - Mexican Post Office - certified mail gets there in about 3 to 7 days and for a letter costs a year ago to San Diego $34.00 pesos. They gave me a tracking number.

https://www.correosdemexico.gob.mx/SSLServicios/SeguimientoEnvio/Seguimiento.aspx

• Like 2

Lexy,  that iShop sends stuff two ways.  One is by courier direct to the destination... and agree ....  VERY pricey. But that's the courier fee these days  They also send to their mail drop in Laredo, and from there it goes into U.S. Postal Service. Less than $75 pesos for that size / weight as far as I know. You need to make sure they realize which service you want.... in this case MAIL.

In my experience stuff sent to Canada  gets there in less than 2 weeks so should be less for U.S. destination.