Chapala.com Webboard

If in Rancho de Oro check your aljibe

If you live in Rancho de Oro check your aljibe before using much water. Our normal Friday night delivery was only 1/4 of the Aljibe. Our Sunday delivery hasn't taken place as of Monday at 08:45. And to think we paid for the water we were to use this year. Shows you should never pay in advance in Mexico. Other friends have been without delivery for 12 days.

The pump is still out of service. The municipality last week indicated that it may be mid-week at earliest to resume service. And they indeed will proceed by providing less flow than typical to service all their customers.  Our neighborhood has been ordering pipas since  mid-last week.

you pay in advance for water you will be using so you have not lost anything., actually you probably have to save water now so what you have will last you longer.. That is the other side of the coin..I should be working for the water company.😁

1 minute ago, bmh said:

you pay in advance for water you will be using so you have not lost anything., actually you probably have to save water now so what you have will last you longer.. That is the other side of the coin..I should be working for the water company.😁

Well that's not exactly right. You pay in advance for what you will use, but they don't deliver. So you buy trucks of water and pay again. 

"haven't lost anything" Well we lost the money for the last week we've been having to re-buy the water delivery from someone else.

yoy will get the water that you paid for so you will not lose.The trucks that is another thing, they whould pay for them as they are not delivering the service they have contracted for. In CHiapas the bario was out of water for several month and the water company senttrucks.. but most people did not want the water as they got it from the rivers, and dirty reservoirss. My neighbors advised me against getting it as I would contaminate the house system...We blocked roads for a few day and they finally repaired the pipes and we got water.. You cannot win with the water company..

Down there we are organized by barrio each barrio has a president and each stret has a representative so at least we can pressure the turkeys but it is a lot of work to get anything  out of them.

On 5/27/2019 at 8:43 AM, geeser said:

If you live in Rancho de Oro check your aljibe before using much water. Our normal Friday night delivery was only 1/4 of the Aljibe. Our Sunday delivery hasn't taken place as of Monday at 08:45. And to think we paid for the water we were to use this year. Shows you should never pay in advance in Mexico. Other friends have been without delivery for 12 days.

Oh yeah, the whole $247/yr. You must be Canadian

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3